Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onboard Preamp

Default Re: Onboard Preamp

Just wanted to report back on this project. Truth is ... I just can't bring myself to cut into the side of the OM. I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned cutting into the purfling. Wouldn't that compromise the top? My preamps are small and narrow, but I don't know how far the perfling extends. For now the cutting is on hold. May just go the floor type preamp for now. Maybe even make my own acoustic pedal board, again - singer stole the first one! and go from there. If I used something like a Pedaltrain Mini (or whatever) that might work for minimal floor space. And keep my warranty intact! So, ever onward!!
    Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Heritage H40
    Eastman MD615
    Eastman MD0305 OM

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

Just invest in the Baggs Venue DI and know you made the best decision possible.
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Greenspoon View Post
    Just invest in the Baggs Venue DI and know you made the best decision possible.
    I have the Baggs Para DI and much prefer my FireEye to any of the other 3 or 4 preamps I own. There begins the debate.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!