Thread: Great new videos from the mandolin store

Default Great new videos from the mandolin store

Dennis told me he'd hired a new employee named James. He's a talented mandolin player, and he's recorded some new videos of instruments the store has in stock. I think the vids are terrific, especially one featuring an Eastman Octave.

I recommend you check out the site.
    “Mandolin brands are a guide, not Gospel “
    - Data Nick

2. The following members say thank you to cayuga red for this post:

Default Re: Great new videos from the mandolin store

Hey I know that guy! Used to jam with him a bit...and always blew me away with this talent. Great stuff James...and hello from Northwest Ohio.

No disrepect to James, I'm sure he's a player. But I like Dennis' approach to a demostration. Using different styles and letting you "hear" the mandolin gives me a much better demonstration of tone and sustain than whatever it is that James is doing.

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frankdolin View Post
    No disrepect to James, I'm sure he's a player. But I like Dennis' approach to a demostration. Using different styles and letting you "hear" the mandolin gives me a much better demonstration of tone and sustain than whatever it is that James is doing.
    Couldn't agree with you more! The Mandolin is a very versatile instrument and demonstration videos should show just that.

IMHO, I like when dealers/private sellers dont just off what they can do but rather play simply and show off what the mandolin can do... open chords, closed chords (chopping), first position scales and ones up the neck, tremolo (with and without double stops, then play a tune!

6. The following members say thank you to Zach Wilson for this post:

And play a tune that uses all the strings.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

Quote Originally Posted by Don Grieser View Post
    And play a tune that uses all the strings.
    Yes the most important string to me is the G. Most mandolins sound good to great on the other three. The G string is the one with the most variety on sound and the one I want right. Seems few play the G string where you can hear it except a chop chord. Play each string separate first, then do what you want, that's what I say.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Point(s) taken...but...i still enjoyed it! Though, since James did the James thing(on the Ellis F5 special) maybe there could be a deep discount of the price, guys?

Didn't think so..

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    Yes the most important string to me is the G. Most mandolins sound good to great on the other three. The G string is the one with the most variety on sound and the one I want right.
    I’m with you, pops1. Sometimes I wonder why I picked the mandolin, because I’ve always had bass lines running around my head. One on my favorite things about my Silverangel is the thundering G. Well, maybe thundering is a bit over the top...
    Girouard A
    Silverangel A
    Eastman 615