Thread: Sarah Jarosz

Default Sarah Jarosz

I have not had to hide any boxes from Amazon, Reverb etc., since the ukulele incident 2 full months ago. Therefore when my birthday comes next month, my husband should take me all the way out to the end of Long Island to see Sarah Jarosz.

Right?

Has anyone seen her live?

Will live still be a thing at the end of September?

Default Re: Sarah Jarosz

Seen her live a couple times, always a great time well spent with an amazing artist. prepare to fully enjoy yourself.
    give us a report back when you settle down.

and if the husband doesn't seem interested in taking you, grab a friend or go solo. don't miss the opportunity.

d

Blog Entries

Most definitely.

If he can’t/won’t please take me, as I plan to propose. Not to you, to Sarah. She’s amazing! :-)
    Hamlett Two-Point
    Eastman MD805
    Schertler DYN-M + Yellow
    http://www.youtube.com/ktbriggs
    https://www.facebook.com/kevin.briggs.1213

Saw her live in Charlotte pre-COVID. She was touring behind Undercurrent. She and the band were amazing! Iirc, she only played mando on one song that night (much more Octave and a couple with guitar and banjo), but the OM fit the songs on that album better, so I get it. Go see her if you can!
    Chuck

Yep, saw her at the Brudenell club here in Leeds, UK. She spent most of the evening playing her Octave, but also did a couple of songs on mandolin. Amazing talent from all 3 band members, and a really good gig.

I've only ever gone to be entertained by myself once, but it was great. I went to see Il Postino by myself and it was the best because no one talked or ate my popcorn. So you've talked me into it - I'll ask once more no pressure, and then ask a friend, and then just go ahead and go by myself if no one really wants to join me

I saw her perform with I’m With Her in Glasgow and London in 2018. Incredible shows, if rather short sets - they were the warmup shows for the See You Around tour.

Blog Entries

I haven’t had the chance to see her live, though certainly she must occasionally make it to the left coast of the US! . When I watch and hear her on YouTube, I have particularly enjoyed her version of Prince’s, “When Doves Cry.”
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lflngpicker View Post
    When I watch and hear her on YouTube, I have particularly enjoyed her version of Prince’s, “When Doves Cry.”
    A few months ago someone posted a version of her doing "Mad Mad World" at a progressive bluegrass festival. Never cared much for the original song, but what she did with it was phenomenal.
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

I've seen her once, at the concert after the mando-fest in Marshall, MI. I was happy to hear her do one of my favorites, her version of Dylan's Ring Them Bells.

D.H.

One of the YouTube commenters said she had to be a good sport to go along with whoever proposed that song. The producer for the show came on and said it was her idea.

I saw her live in a show with Darrell Scott. She played her set then Darrell played his before they joined to finish with a few songs together. She held her own with him which is saying a lot.

She was one of the young phenoms back in the Mandolin Symposium days.
    I remember jammin' with her on Dawg tunes in one of his classes.
    You could tell then she was special, it has been fun watching her grow &
    mature over the years.

Resident Hack

If you like Sarah Jarosz, mandolin and all the folks that get talked about in here, check the lineup for this. I was just on vaca up there last week and it kills me I can't get back for this.

https://freshgrass.com/north-adams/lineup/
    What I play
    2021 Skip Kelley Two-Point
    Eastwood 'Ricky'
    Morgan Monroe RT-1E
    Epiphone Genesis guitars
    Various Basses

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    If you like Sarah Jarosz, mandolin and all the folks that get talked about in here, check the lineup for this. I was just on vaca up there last week and it kills me I can't get back for this.

https://freshgrass.com/north-adams/lineup/
    Trombone Shorty! Yeah!

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

And Sam Bush. And Béla Fleck. And a bunch of other fine musicians, including Felicia Collins. There is life after Letterman. Quite a lineup!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Where is she playing? Westhampton Theater?

Resident Hack

Quote Originally Posted by journeybear View Post
    And Sam Bush. And Béla Fleck. And a bunch of other fine musicians, including Felicia Collins. There is life after Letterman. Quite a lineup!
    Let's not forget that Sierra Hull is playing with Bela on this tour (at least at this one stop)
    What I play
    Eastwood 'Ricky'
    Morgan Monroe RT-1E
    Epiphone Genesis guitars
    Various Basses

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    Let's not forget that Sierra Hull is playing with Bela on this tour (at least at this one stop)
    That Bela Fleck lineup is crazy stacked. Not sure if I am going to get to see that one or not, but it looks awesome.

Not sure how long he is on tour with her, but Mike Robinson has been playing with Sarah Jarosz and I really like his playing.

Resident Hack

There are videos from the last couple of weeks of Sierra Hull playing with The Travelin' McCourys and Leftover Salmon. I wish there was a complete reference to all the places she's going to pop up.
    What I play
    Eastwood 'Ricky'
    Morgan Monroe RT-1E
    Epiphone Genesis guitars
    Various Basses

Cool what Sarah does with the octave in this clip. Oh, and Sierra and Molly are pretty good too!!!

David A. Gordon

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dagger Gordon For This Useful Post:

I got to see her do a few sets and co-host a workshop on octave mandolin are Wintergrass a few years back. Great musician, singer, fun to pick and swap OM's with too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
    I got to see her do a few sets and co-host a workshop on octave mandolin are Wintergrass a few years back. Great musician, singer, fun to pick and swap OM's with too.
    How did she like your Jesson & what did you think of her Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by THart View Post
    How did she like your Jesson & what did you think of her Clark?
    She and Darol Anger both enjoyed my Cricket fiddle F4 OM. I think she had her Fletcher Brock GBOM, Darol also had a GBOM with a cutaway. Both were great, arch top guitar bodied instruments that were very responsive. And they're both very personable and generous with their time and attention. They liked my use of octave pairs on the G, D and A. And of course they commented on the custom hand built case.

My TJ instruments and their cases are somewhat legendary at the instrument check at the Hyatt.

25. The following members say thank you to Mandobart for this post:

THart