Thread: Good deal on a KM-1000 in SF, CA

Default Good deal on a KM-1000 in SF, CA

Saw this on the San Francisco Craigslist:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/4176127913.html

$700 for a 2 year old KM1000 is a pretty hard to beat deal... NFI

Default Re: Good deal on a KM-1000 in SF, CA

And with a Tonegard...

and a Cleveland Indians sticker on the case.......

That's a great deal!

I live about 45mins drive to this place, thinking about going there to buy it this afternoon.
    (if my wife permits, I already have 2 mandolins in my hand now and .... 5 guitars !!!).

Quote Originally Posted by kkmm View Post
    I live about 45mins drive to this place, thinking about going there to buy it this afternoon.
    (if my wife permits, I already have 2 mandolins in my hand now and .... 5 guitars !!!).
    Do it (assuming it' hasn't sold already)! You can always sell it later for a little more $$.

They call me the perfect MAS enabler...

I don't know how much cash you have to toss around or what you're really looking for (I see you've started another thread asking about a Kay). If it comes down to a choice between this one or that one, this one (the KM-1000) is a better bet.

I played mandolin(s) for 3 years now and still looking for the one I will love forever.
    The ones I currently have are just OK IMHO (Rogue F style and Ovation MCS-148).
    I can afford this KM-1000 easily, money is no issue, but if it annoys my wife, I have to skip.
    I just retired and have more time to play music now (I would say a bit too much, about 5 gigs a week).
    My question about the Kay is simply a curiosity as I know nothing about this brand and the store that sells it is pretty close to my home (15 min drive).
    I love mandolins.

I played mandolin(s) for 3 years now and still looking for the one I will love forever.
    Well.. good luck with that I have had over 2 dozen mandolins through my house and I am still looking for 'the one'. Remember it's the journey that counts, not the destination.

My question about the Kay is simply a curiosity as I know nothing about this brand and the store that sells it is pretty close to my home (15 min drive).
    I love mandolins.
    As do we! So did you end up seeing this one in San Pablo? I hope you ended up going home with it. I'm really tempted to call my friend in the area to pick it up. So I hope you would put me out of my misery for good!

I missed it, by the time I called the seller, it was sold. Not surprising.
    So I bought from eBay an Ibanez M511 (acoustic / electric with solid top). I bought one of these brand new about 2 years ago, and had to return it as it hurts my fingers at low frets (I did not know about nut action at that time). I sounded good for the price.
    This one is an used one costing only half, already fully setup, look pretty decent. I put on a set of Martin strings (10/14/24/34) and adjust the intonation and it sounds sweet to my years, a good fit with the music style I play. And I always need plug-in capability.
    My wife now looks at my 3 mandolins hanging on the walls with a weird look. I promised I will sell the one I did not play much.
    IT IS INDEED A MAS JOURNEY.

Blog Entries

The moral of the story: Never check with your wife first just go buy it. Does she check with you before buying a new pair of shoes?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

12. The following members say thank you to Bernie Daniel for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Daniel View Post
    The moral of the story: Never check with your wife first just go buy it. Does she check with you before buying a new pair of shoes?
    It seems it is easier to ask forgiveness, than it is to ask permission. I just bought a Gibson A-5L, still in closet since Friday, gonna have to show her how wonderful this one is...

It was just my humble way to say to ask for my wife permission. She has always told me to go ahead and buy instruments that I want to have (my wife is the home maker, I am the provider) but I use her to control my urge of going out buying instruments.
    Talking about MAS, I bid and won another Kentucky KM-150 AND a concert zither (this later one at a real bargain). I created a thread about this zither in the CraigList/eBay sections.

It's time again for Amazon to run another "Black Friday" to "Cyber Monday" in they have run those KM900 and KM1000 for really low, low prices in the past. Worth watching out for one as they only have a few to sell at those low prices.

Will definitely watch out for "Black Friday" deal. I did buy one at a good deal and sell it later at 15% profit (because I had too many mandolins at that time).