Thread: Sierra Hull - Bombshell Tab *Only First 45 Seconds*

Proud Mandolin Owner BeginnerMandolinistTyler's Avatar

Default Sierra Hull - Bombshell Tab *Only First 45 Seconds*

Hey guys,
    I decided to transcribe Bombshell by Sierra Hull. It took a really, really long time(started over a year ago) for me to get this far. Granted, the actual total time spent transcribing was probably about 10 hours(including me learning how to code this out). I think the program I am using is pretty good since its free but its not really the best for creating tabs. If any of you guys want to help me with the rest of it, I would gladly include you as being involve with the transcription because if I continue at this rate, it will be a whole year before I get another 30 seconds finished.
    Thanks, and I hope you guys like it!

Notes:
    1. if you see a note with a \ in front of it, it means to slide down(by a fret or two) to that note. You'll have to listen to what note she's sliding from because I don't know how to put that in the tab.

2. The chords I have in the tab are very close to what she is playing but there is a definite possibility that they are off by a note or so. I'm still working on figuring out the chords.

3. The program I used is MUP. Its free but there is definitely a learning curve. Its kind of like using computer coding to create a file that can be converted into a pdf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bombshell(Edit).pdf 
Views:	2421 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	109775

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeginnerMandolinistTyler For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Sierra Hull - Bombshell Tab *Only First 45 Seconds*

Hi, looks good.

Through nothing more than habit, I prefer the abc notation and use the EasyABC software which can be found free on the web. This online editor is pretty good too: http://music.gordfisch.net/montrealsession/editor.php

In case you never got round to it, and are still interested, I once put a bit of work into transcribing Bombshell in notation, and attach the abc file (as a .txt due to forum restrictions) and a PDF.

David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bombshell.pdf 
Views:	812 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	130379Bombshell.txt
    Gibson A-5G
    Furch MF23
    Fylde Octavius
    Errington electric

4. The following members say thank you to dwne for this post: