Thread: Which would you get?

Default Which would you get?

A used Goldtone 10 that included a gig bag for $200 .... or a used Blueridge 40 with no bag/case for $300? The Goldtone is closer in driving distance. The Blueridge tends to get better reviews here, but is it worth the extra drive, for no case, and additional $100?
    Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you!

Default Re: Which would you get?

I'm a fan of Goldtone. I have two banjos made by them. That being said The TG10 has a laminate top while the blueridge BR-40T has a solid top. I was considering the same two guitars a few weeks ago (New for about $100 more on each one) and chose the Blueridge. So far I'm very happy with my choice.

Thanks for your response .... BR appears to get better reviews, just didn't know if it was worth the extra cash in comparison.
    Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you!

If the condition of the instruments is comparible (nicks, scratches, cracks and action) is similar, I would pay the $100 extra (plus mileage & case) for the Blueridge. I bought the BR-40T after comparing with the Gold Tone and never regretted it. I now also have a sweet 1969 Martin 0-18T and the Blueridge holds its own with it's older cousin.
    1963 Martin 0-18T, 1967 Gibson ETG-150, 1930s Epiphone Beverly Tenor Guitar, 2013 Blueridge BR-40T tenor guitar, 1960s Goya Tenor Guitar, 1980 Alvarez A900 mandolin, 2020 Kentucky KM-656, Flatiron Mandola, Weber Sage #2 OM