Thread: Does anyone make compensated 10-String Mandolin Bridges?

Default Does anyone make compensated 10-String Mandolin Bridges?

Hi... Me again. OK... next question: Does anyone make compensated 10-String Mandolin bridges? I've just made my 3rd one (and it kinda sucks!) but it turned out quite well. I've Googled all up and down several times now and can't find anyone who makes these on a regular basis. Thinking of going into production myself if I can't find anyone!

There are pics of the 2nd one I made on my Mandolin web-site if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.cricketfiddle.com/mandolins.htm

Default Re: Does anyone make compensated 10-String Mandolin Bridges?

I am not aware of anyone that makes one. I would suggest getting a standard mando bridge base and make a custom 10-string compensated saddle/top piece, but you probably already thought of that.
    Visit www.fox-guitars.com - cool Gibson & Epiphone history and more. Vintage replacement mandolin pickguards

Default Re: Does anyone make compensated 10-String Mandolin Bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by pfox14 View Post
    I am not aware of anyone that makes one. I would suggest getting a standard mando bridge base and make a custom 10-string compensated saddle/top piece, but you probably already thought of that.
    I tried that on my first one. It worked OK, but I decided I needed a little wider base for the Mando/Mandola Hybrids. Plus I'm now using guitar sized adjuster wheels that are a little bigger too. Maybe I should have been a little more specific in asking for bridges for just Mandolins, as I make Mandola and Octave Mandos. I'll ask this question on the CBOM forum too. Thanks!