Thread: Calling All Mandolinists in New England

Default Calling All Mandolinists in New England

Musicians needed to participate in volunteer community mandolin orchestra located in South Hadley, MA. Varied background and experience levels welcomed, but all members must be able to read sheet music and play their instrument with at least "talented high-schooler" proficiency.

Rehearsals are Third Friday evenings from 8:00-1000 in South Hadley with the first meeting on Friday, February 21, 2014

At the time of posting, some of our membership is already in place, but we still have the following openings that we are seeking to fill:
    mand
    • olins
    • mandolas
    • mandocellos
    • percussion

All instrumentalists are welcomed to contact us if interested, even if you don't see your instrument listed in our "openings" above, as we will be going through some "growing pains" in the coming months, and we anticipate some chairs opening up as things move forward.#

There is no formal audition, and we can accommodate all instruments for an effective balance.#

Find out more at http://shmo.adamrsweet.com or by calling 413-248-7668

Michael Reichenbach

Default Re: Calling All Mandolinists in New England

I have alread added your orchestra to my map of mandolin orchestras in the USA - hope that you find many players!
    check this:

Mandolin Orchestras of the World

I have also shared a tweet about it.
    Homepage: www.mandoisland.de / Blog: www.mandoisland.com / Freiburg / Germany

Default Re: Calling All Mandolinists in New England

Thank you MandoIsland!