Thread: Eastman workshop tour

We are about to post a photographic tour of our mandolin workshop on our website. If you would like to sneak a peek before it goes up follow the link below.
    Gordon

http://www.eastmanstrings.com/eastma...hop/tour1.html

WOW! I'm impressed. I have an Eastman mandolin and I love it. Just looking at the detail you can tell these people take their time and are very proud of what they do. Im glad to see them getting recognition for what they are doing. My eastman is one of the best mandolins I've ever owned. I will soon be reciving a 915 model and can't wait to get it in my hands! Thanks Gordan Roberts and Jim Fisch for everything!

That was very very interesting...

Thanks for sharing....

Gordon.......My 814 (oval/F) is gettin' better every day. I said this in a previous post, you folks nailed the oval hole sound in it's complexity. I'm still happy!!!!
    Bob

What model # is that two-point there in the last photo? I like.

Hey all,
    Will say something kind of controversial here. Having lived in Asia - now I'm going just off of the looks of things here - I'd say they have it good. My wife worked a typical day with a street vendor family in asia for a week and about died. She's a hard worker, but the way they worked wore her out. Up at five home at eleven to clean stuff and prepare for the next day. Sleep for two to three hours at most. The term "sweatshop" gets thrown around here too much especially by people who don't know the norm. I'm not saying some working conditions are great or even something we would want people to work in. But far and away a lot of normal jobs for people over there are ten times worse than the "sweatshops" some people think are in place. I've heard many stories about their plant and know that people are getting fair if not great treatment. And on the point of the amount they get paid. They might get paid what looks like little to us, but you have to remember that a really, really good meal there can be had for fifty cents or less. Now others are marking things up and making more profit which is a little shady, but don't go off on how they make so little money if you haven't lived over there and now how much it actually costs to live over there. Sorry, but sometimes people run their mouths on things that they've heard other people say and its not fair to the people they are talking about. Someone else was right there are still plenty of Americans getting paid for those mandolins (shipping, marketing, etc) So maybe one American private builder didn't get paid, but three or four people who really need it are. I don't see Gibson or anyone else going under.
    Paul

Thumbs up

Thanks Gordon.I found that little tour very inresting as well.It is always a joy to see how the artisians work their craft. Lp
    J.Lane Pryce