Thread: David Benedict - Into The True Country

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default David Benedict - Into The True Country

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    David Benedict - Into The True Country

Into The True Country is the title of a collection of all original instrumental compositions by mandolinist David Benedict.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: David Benedict - Into The True Country

Man, that's sweet, tasteful and well-played! Buy!
    '20 Ellis A5 Tradition, '09 Gilchrist Model 1, “July 9” Red Diamond F-5, '12 Duff F-5, '19 Collings MT2, ’24 A2-Z, ’24 F-2, '13 Collings mandola, '82 D-35, Gibson Keb Mo. http://www.bucktownrevue.com

This album is phenomenal. It's lyrical, gorgeous acoustic instrumental music of the highest caliber. Compares favorably with the likes of John Reischman, Emory Lester, and Strength in Numbers. Highly recommended.
    "Well, I don't know much about bands but I do know you can't make a living selling big trombones, no sir. Mandolin picks, perhaps..."

Just bought this album on Bandcamp after watching David's phenomenal chord melody playing on his "Mandolin Mondays" blog.
    Highly recommended, I can only agree with the comments made above.
    In addition to being a great player he seems a very nice guy. I requested the transcriptions of his blog arrangements and he sent them within the day. Now I just need to practise for about a 20 years to sound half as good as he does...