Thread: Gravity Sunrise

Peace. Love. Mandolin. Gelsenbury's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Gravity Sunrise

Gravity Picks have created a new model, the Sunrise: http://gravitypicks.com/picks/sunrise/

I received mine today - two 1.5 mm picks, one in the Mini size and one in the Big Mini size. I like picks in the Dunlop Jazz vein, so these sizes make sense to me. On first impressions, I really like them! The fairly sharp point gives a lot of clarity to my picking, similar to the Dunlop Jazz or Gravity's own Razer pick, which is my current favourite. The slightly wider wings of the Sunrise design add that little bit of grip and control that is sometimes hard to come by with small picks. And, like most Gravity picks, the Sunrise looks beautiful and is available in a variety of colours, sizes and levels of thickness.

I'll need to try the Sunrise out a bit more, but currently I feel as if this could be one of my favourite picks. It took me no time at all to get used to it. Having said that, I probably wouldn't use it for strumming (no rounded edge) and I would personally advise against the Master finish, which makes a scratchy sound on my strings.

(The usual disclaimer: I don't work for Gravity, I have no financial interest in the company, and I'm no relation of the owner's. I just like their picks.)

2. The following members say thank you to Gelsenbury for this post:

Default Re: Gravity Sunrise

How would you describe the friction or lack there of? I really like the blue chip I recently tried and the red bear. Both I those seem to glide off the strings.
    Its not a backwards guitar.

I've just got some too, very nice bright tone and no pick click! - must be the sharp point, I think the mini is too small for me though so think i'll get the standard size next time.

Peace. Love. Mandolin. Gelsenbury's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyfingers View Post
    How would you describe the friction or lack there of?
    My impression so far is that the Sunrise, with its sharper point and edges, has marginally more friction than my Blue Chip Jazz. But I like its brighter, clearer sound.

I prefer big triangles and have a few Gravity picks. I like them a lot. On mandolin, my favorites are the Striker XL 1.5 and the Stealth XL 2.0. The Stealth is pretty sharp, but the extra thickness helps it sound nice and meaty. Preferred on my Weber F, but too bright on my Tacoma. The Striker is a great all around pick for me. One day I'll try a BC TAD60 and compare, but the Gravity picks are a bit less expensive to experiment with.
    Blow on, man.