Thread: Love Story

Blog Entries

Exclamation Love Story

The beautiful soundtrack of the namesake film (1971), composed by Francis Lai, in arrangement of mine for classical guitar.
    http://www.chitarrarte.it

Default Re: Love Story

The video is missing!
    Bill Snyder

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Snyder View Post
    The video is missing!
    Oh, I forgot! I apologize to everyone, thank you very much Bill for your report, here is the video!

4. The following members say thank you to mandoguitar for this post:

The block chords come off very well. As I find in my own guitar work, the percussive nature of the guitar doesn't always capture what I want to have going on based on my vision of a piece. Ends up being a guitaristic interpretation! This is one that I really like. There's one interpretation for guitar I used to play, but this one is better.

I can hear above this the melody in a simple wind dancing with a bowed string. Oddly, when I consider what I'm trying to hear I come up with a viola da gamba and recorder over guitar! That would certainly be spectacular. Regardless, something with a supple continuous voicing would be excellent. A counter tenor would give nice vocal line.

Regardless, I very much enjoyed the arrangement. Makes me want to whip out my guitar and get my chops back!

Keep up the good work.
    Stephen Perry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Perry View Post
    The block chords come off very well. As I find in my own guitar work, the percussive nature of the guitar doesn't always capture what I want to have going on based on my vision of a piece. Ends up being a guitaristic interpretation! This is one that I really like. There's one interpretation for guitar I used to play, but this one is better.

I can hear above this the melody in a simple wind dancing with a bowed string. Oddly, when I consider what I'm trying to hear I come up with a viola da gamba and recorder over guitar! That would certainly be spectacular. Regardless, something with a supple continuous voicing would be excellent. A counter tenor would give nice vocal line.

Regardless, I very much enjoyed the arrangement. Makes me want to whip out my guitar and get my chops back!

Keep up the good work.
    Thank you very much dear Stephen for your interesting comment and your compliments! Greetings from Sicily!