Thread: LR Baggs Lyric in an OM – Video Sample

Default LR Baggs Lyric in an OM – Video Sample

Hi,

When the highlander in my Tobin died I replaced it with a Baggs Lyric (I use Lyric and Anthems in my guitars), I couldn't find any evidence online of anyone else using one in a CBOM but thought I'd go for it anyway.

It's working out nicely, here's a vid from a recent gig using it. The mic pointed roughly at the OM wasn't in use and the sound system was a fairly modest behringer one.

Default Re: LR Baggs Lyric in an OM – Video Sample

So that is only the sound from the pickup and the voice mic?
    If so I find the sound of the OM very nicely transmitted. Where did you exactly mount the Lyric? Under the Bridge or more between bridge and tailpiece? So far I have used pickups by Schatten Design but I have also played with the idea of installing a Lyric.

Very nice playing by the way

Quote Originally Posted by scifi View Post
    So that is only the sound from the pickup and the voice mic?
    If so I find the sound of the OM very nicely transmitted. Where did you exactly mount the Lyric? Under the Bridge or more between bridge and tailpiece? So far I have used pickups by Schatten Design but I have also played with the idea of installing a Lyric.

Very nice playing by the way
    Yes just the pickup, I can't imagine the vocal mic was picking much if anything of the OM up. The room was quite echoey which is probably helping the realism.

It's actually placed a little in front of the bridge, between a lateral brace and small cleat that sits under the bridge – it only just fitted.

Thanks for the complement on the playing

Great to see the Tobin getting some very impressive usage Tom- brilliant song, and a very impressive sound. I am sorry the Headway (not highlander) pickup gave up the ghost, but sounds like the Lyric is a brilliant solution.

I think the OM makes a wonderful accompanying instrument- more songs like this please!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ukrobbiej View Post
    Great to see the Tobin getting some very impressive usage Tom- brilliant song, and a very impressive sound. I am sorry the Headway (not highlander) pickup gave up the ghost, but sounds like the Lyric is a brilliant solution.

I think the OM makes a wonderful accompanying instrument- more songs like this please!

Rob
    Yes headway, not sure if it failed completely but I was getting the weak, thin signal you complained of. Not a problem as I bought the OM on it's own merits rather than on the pickup. Might have been the installation had deteriorated and some work on the saddle and bridge could have sorted it but I had gigs looming so went with the lyric.

The Tobin is living up to expectations and working nicely for accompaniment, tunes are good too even with the longer scale – it's working wonders for my stretch and little finger strength.

And yes I've a couple of new originals in the pipeline and currently favouring it over guitar for accompanying trad song too.