Thread: Good word for Peterson Strobe Tuners

Default Good word for Peterson Strobe Tuners

Just wanted to pass along my good experience with Peterson Tuners.
    Last week I was putting my Strobo clip on to my mandolin and noticed the bottom foot /pad was missing ,so I just had plastic jaws on the bottom side of the clip on part.
    I went searching around the internet for a source for parts ,couldn't find any but did find some posts saying what good customer service they had .
    I went to their site found their contact info and mailed them a letter .
    About a 1/2 hour later I had a letter from them in my in box asking exactly which part I was missing . After figuring out what I needed they said no problem send us your address and we will send you the part right out free of charge .
    Three days later I have it in my hands and the tuner is back in service .
    A big Thank you to the Good People over there at Peterson .
    Tom

2. The following members say thank you to GreenMTBoy for this post:

Default Re: Good word for Peterson Strobe Tuners

Nice to know some people (companies) still do it right.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." --- Mongo

4. The following members say thank you to F-2 Dave for this post:

They sent me a new clip when mine broke. Excellent customer service!!
    -----------
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Jazz and Bluegrass instruction books, videos, articles, transcriptions, improvisation, ergonomics, free recordings, private lessons

www.WoodAndStringsBand.com
    Jazz trio

www.AppleValleyWranglers.net
    Western Swing music

I believe I have mentioned the high level of customer service Peterson brings forward before in another thread...and if I haven't I should have. I agree with Tom completely. I have come to this well a couple of times (I have two tuners) for one thing or another and even when I am sure it was something I did which caused the problem Peterson with no reservations made it right.
    MLT
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra
    Classical Mandolin Society of America
    Labraid Cytole

Love the folks at Peterson...
    They used to lug their beer bottle organ to NAMM shows, and it was always my favorite thing to visit and hear...
    Here ya go:

8. The following members say thank you to Spruce for this post:

Just wanted to give this a bump to highlight appreciation of Peterson's excellent customer service. I went to grab my Strobo Clip out of my case the other day and discovered that a piece of the plastic swivel mount had snapped off. It's an obvious design flaw that probably should be examined by the company for the future production of these tuners, but there is also something to be said for handling and transporting the Strobo Clip with care to avoid damage. It does come with a tin case to protect it (I've misplaced mine).

Anyway, that said, I sent an e-mail off to Peterson and they immediately responded and shipped me a replacement mount, free of charge. This is the second time it's happened and the second time that they've kindly and quickly honored my request for a replacement mount. A search on the Cafe forum will reveal that others have had the same issue with this tuner, but have also had similar positive experiences with Peterson's customer service.
    *¯`•.☽☆☾¸.•´¯*

<membership privileges for this account have been permanently removed.>
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Dec-14-2014 at 9:58pm.

Got my repaired tuner in the mail today. I have had this StroboClip for a year or two - can't remember the exact date or even vendor. I took a long trip with a Sweet Pea and stuck it in the zipper pocket of the little gig bag. Not only did the swivel flange on the clip break but the eye flange on the tuner head as well. I emailed Peterson and told them the whole story. They volunteered to send a clip replacement and it was apparently sent before I could make clear that the damage was more extensive. Last Friday, they told me to mail it to them and they would repair it (for half the posted minimum rate) and call me for payment when it was ready. I had it in the afternoon mail and on Monday I received the clip and my repaired tuner today - 6 day turnaround including shipping both ways. Incredible - and I am still waiting for the call for payment.
    Jim Nikora

12. The following members say thank you to jnikora for this post:

Just have to add - after inquiring about where to submit payment, I was told the the Tech fixed it at no charge. This was clearly out of warranty, stated or implied, and the damage was caused by my own miscalculation.

Wouldn't this be a great marketplace if all merchants were this conscientious?
    Jim Nikora

14. The following members say thank you to jnikora for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jnikora View Post
    Just have to add - after inquiring about where to submit payment, I was told the the Tech fixed it at no charge. This was clearly out of warranty, stated or implied, and the damage was caused by my own miscalculation.

Wouldn't this be a great marketplace if all merchants were this conscientious?
    I agree, old time customer service can't be beat!

Sad to think, ALL companies were once that way. My late father was the "king" of writing complaint letters to the home office when he felt something wasn't up to the standards they should be. And 99 percent of the time, the company felt the same way and made it right. Actually, make that 100 percent, I can't think of a single time, his voice wasn't heard and welcomed.

It is a different world today, for certain.

Well this is good news I am seriously thinking about buying one

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joe~ View Post
    Well this is good news I am seriously thinking about buying one
    You should, their tuners are just as good as their service...

I can't tell you just how refreshing it is to hear this kind of news, huzzahs for Peterson!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

Blog Entries

Side question on this tuner: How does the display perform in sunlight situations? The snark color display I have can be unreadable at times outdoors.

The Stroboclip works fine in direct sunlight or shade outdoors. It's a back-lit LCD, so in bright ambient light the back lighting is effectively off, and you see black "strobe" marks against a light gray background with frontal lighting.

It's the best clip-on tuner I've ever used, although it does take some time to get used to the display. I also use the pedal version on gigs, and an older tabletop version (StroboFlip) in my practice room. My only complaint with the clip-on version is that I wish it was black instead of silver, but I guess that's a marketing thing.

21. The following members say thank you to foldedpath for this post:

I have 3 strobotuners....strobe flip which I've had for several years and paid a LOT for...a stroboplus and the software app on my I-phone....I highly recommend them all.....

Quote Originally Posted by sbarnes View Post
    I have 3 strobotuners....strobe flip which I've had for several years and paid a LOT for...a stroboplus and the software app on my I-phone....I highly recommend them all.....
    I was just wondering how well the iPhone or iPad app works in an all acoustic setting, meaning no cables or adapters, just a mandolin and a phone....
    AKA "golfunit"