Thread: Sam and Tim Stuck at the Airport

Default Sam and Tim Stuck at the Airport

Hope this link works for ya.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=747066615332157

A bit of background "Tim O'Brien posted: A bunch of bluegrassers post Rockygrass had boarded the plane at DIA when a tornado was spotted and we were shuffled off down to the storm shelter. Tim and Sam pulled out their mandolins and entertained, because that is what they do!!!!"

Enjoy!!
    Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lenf12 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Sam and Tim Stuck at the Airport

That proves it! Bluegrass can grow anywhere, even in a busy airport. Thanks lenf12

Two of my favorite musicians on the planet. How cool would that have been. I'm always amazed by Sam Bush - his right hand travel is the same when chopping rhythm or soloing. It is especially evident when he's playing next to Tim. How can he be so precise?! Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jdh View Post
    Two of my favorite musicians on the planet. How cool would that have been. I'm always amazed by Sam Bush - his right hand travel is the same when chopping rhythm or soloing. It is especially evident when he's playing next to Tim. How can he be so precise?! Thanks for the post.
    I was told this past weekend by Ronnie McCoury at the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival that Sam Bush, a while back, broke his wrist in a car door, and had to learn to play without much wrist movement. Ronnie was demonstrating the "loose wrist" that mandolin players should have, and went on to say that Sam Bush is one professional who plays everything with a stiff wrist.

I love Tim O'briens "economy of motion" style!
    "A's" and "F's" can play nicely together, too.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

7. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post: