Thread: Tabledit ?

I downloaded that Teh viewer. On mandozine when i first went on i decided to open the song up on Microsoft Word, and see if the song would come up. It just was pretty much a big glob.

Anyway now i go on the site and try to open it but it automaticaly takes me to Word. Is there a way i can choose what i want to open the song up on again?

I would love to use that tab program but it opens them to word, because of my little trial error.

Can anyone help me? How do i choose to open it up to the Teh viewer instead of word? I just cant seem to figure it out.

Again a showing of my computer geek level.

Hi Mike!

The quick way: Right-click on the file, as select 'Open with...' In the list there, you should see Word and TEFView. If not, select 'other' and navigate in your progams to TEFVIEW.EXE

The permanent way involves setting the file extension .tef (tabledit files) to open with TEFVIEW... You can find the list somewhere in the "Tools" menu... not sure what it's called, but it's somewhere like "options"

If you're using a Mac, select the file, press Apple-i and set the 'Open With' to Tabeldit.

HTH

Germain

Yes, you can fix this. Go into Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), right-click on the file, and select Open With and then Choose Program unless you see Tabl Edit listed there in the menu. I'm using Windows 2000 at the moment, XP or ME might be a little different but basically the same. If you don't have a Open With option when you right click, there's another way. While you're still in Explorer, go to Tools and then Folder options at the top of your screen. Click the tab that says FIle Types, scroll down to TEF, and click Change. Scroll down until you see Tabl Edit, select it and click OK. This should take care of ya Worst case you could probably uninstall the program and hope it restores the file association when you reinstall it.
    My original IV mandolin kit blog- http://makingamandolin.blogspot.com/

grandmainger, you beat me to the punch
    My original IV mandolin kit blog- http://makingamandolin.blogspot.com/

Thank you all so much! I had to do it the long way but it still worked! Thanks.

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

Instead of opening the file from the mandozine site, download it to your local drive. Then open tabedit and use the "file+open" menu selection and open it up from tabedit.

(what those guys say works too)

f-d
    ˇpapá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A