Thread: Rubner tuner buttons

Default Rubner tuner buttons

Does anyone know whether the replacement Waverley ebony buttons would fit Rubner tuners? It would turn out a bit cheaper (here) than getting the ones that come with ebony buttons.

I guess I could make some wooden buttons for the Rubners, but don't know what sort of shaft they have. Has anyone done it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rubner tuner buttons

Peter Coombe may have. The Rubners I have are the cheapest ones and don't have a screw at the end of the buttons.
    I'd like to see the answer to this one too.
    The more I learn, the less I know.

Peter Jenner
    Blackheathen

Facebook

Mandolin & Mandola maker

No I have not done it. If I want Ebony I order the tuners with Ebony knobs from Rubner. I did ask Rubner how the knobs are attached and got no reply. There is no screw on any of the mandolin tuners, so I assume they are glued. I have not removed any knobs so don't really know.
    Peter Coombe - mandolins, mandolas and guitars
    http://www.petercoombe.com

4. The following members say thank you to peter.coombe for this post:

Thanks Peter. I thought there was a screw because the shaft comes through the button, or appears to.

Tom & Pete,
    My friend Marty Jacobson sent me your thread for consideration to post. We (Rosette Guitar Products), represent Rubner and perhaps I can assist you guys.
    All the Rubner buttons are indeed bonded onto the button shaft, but they can be removed for repair and replacement. The wood composition buttons use a combination of a screw mount and glue to keep them from loosening through the years. The machines that have a bare button shaft (no sleeve) are bonded onto the shaft. All the PVC models have glued buttons with no mounting screw.

If you have Rubner machines, I can get you button replacements that will fit perfectly. Send me a PM and I will look into it for you. Rubner has recently added many new Mandolin models with many button styles.
    Waverly buttons are different. Best to keep with the Rubner buttons.
    Hope this helps.
    Kent

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KentG For This Useful Post: