Thread: Little Big Town!

Default Little Big Town!

Hey, at the CMA awards show how bout that group Little Big Town?.......Just Kidding!!!!!!
    ntriesch

2. The following members say thank you to Nick Triesch for this post:

Default Re: Little Big Town!

???????????

Just goes to show you that the TBP thread is in fact the TBP of threads on the Cafe Forum.

5. The following members say thank you to Franc Homier Lieu for this post:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Yeah! That's it! If everyone just replies to this thread by repeatedly hitting one key we too will be at 9 pages in no time! And with approximately the same content as in the TBP thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Triesch View Post
    Hey, at the CMA awards show how bout that group Little Big Town?.......Just Kidding!!!!!!
    Good one , Nick ............I think LBT are ABBA but without the great songs and great arrangements and ...oh yeah ..the talent . But they do have a mandolin , which I always felt may have given ABBA the success that seems to have eluded them ( ??? ) .

On second thought , LBT is probably the Starland Vocal Band for the new millenium....

Quote Originally Posted by Franc Homier Lieu View Post
    Yeah! That's it! If everyone just replies to this thread by repeatedly hitting one key we too will be at 9 pages in no time! And with approximately the same content as in the TBP thread.
    The long line of ZZZZs Franc means this thread is already boring me to sleep. Please don't respond.

If we're going to go there, let's try to put a little intellectual content into the discussion shall we?

Tell us about the group. Where do they come from, what are their influences, and most importantly, do mandolins or mandolin family instruments play any sort of role in their music? If you can convince me that they're decent musicians (and occasionally make use of the mando), I'll give 'em an ear.

I'm not saying I'm only interested in music with mandos in it; far from it. It's that for purposes of a thread on this forum, we should at least make some effort to bring them into the discussion.

Edit: Okay here we go. Found a video of theirs with a mando in it!

11. The following members say thank you to Petrus for this post:

OH c'mon! The OP was obviously joking after nine pages of TBP, please stop responding to this thread!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Christensen For This Useful Post:

Well, there is a mando in that video. Although on closer inspection (look at 01:29-01:37 and 02:01-02:03) it appears to be one of those Gold Tone "guitar mandos," an instrument that's shaped like a mando but is really just a little guitar (6 strings and guitar tuning.) Sure sign of a poseur. (No insult meant to Gold Tone; I've played one in a store, it's a well-made instrument, but not a mando.)

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

16. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    Well, there is a mando in that video. Although on closer inspection it appears to be one of those Gold Tone "guitar mandos," an instrument that's shaped like a mando but is really just a little guitar (6 strings and guitar tuning.)
    I believe they were originally called Little Big Guitar Town, but decided against it, so they could use a shorter abbreviation: LBT

What's worse:

a. this thread
    b. that song
    c. the singer's outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Christensen View Post
    The long line of ZZZZs Franc means this thread is already boring me to sleep. Please don't respond.
    Yes, I do understand the long line of Zs (though the convention is usually not to punctuate them with an exclamation point; sort of ruins the onomatopoeia). You do realize that people who constantly monitor threads they dislike/are bored by and continue to post about their dislike/boredom of the threads they dislike/are bored by in the threads they dislike/are bored by are the one of the leading causes of such threads running on and on?

20. The following members say thank you to Franc Homier Lieu for this post:

Petrus 

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Christensen View Post
    OH c'mon! The OP was obviously joking after nine pages of TBP, please stop responding to this thread!
    Well at least this time I was not the only one asked to stop responding. I guess Mark Christensen is the only one allowed to respond to this thread? Plus people have twice now responded to his responses with 'thanks'. I would think such responses would drive him crazy. Of course they would not if he just did not read the thread, but he is clearly keeping a close eye on this boring thread.

This thread was totally worth having, just for the sake of seeing the word onomatopoeia used in real life. Well done, sir.

23. The following members say thank you to Tobin for this post: