Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob Meldrum's Mandolin Set-Up eBook

Default Re: Rob Meldrum's Mandolin Set-Up eBook

I just want to thank Rob. The book is a great resource. I really appreciate it!
    New to the mandolin

Just wanted to thank Rob also. I very much appreciate your efforts and the fine ebook and videos!

Thank you Rob! I am reading your e-Book now.
    My A100 will arrive this week, and I hope I luck out on build quality.
    I have admired your systematic approach and willingness to share with the community.

Best and happy Labor Day.

I too have just received Rob's book and am very impressed with the quality of the manual and his nearly immediate response to my email request. Thanks Rob for your work and dedication to our cause!

I'm a new site member and also just purchased my first mandolin a few days ago (after seeking and getting great advice from the cafe). During my research phase, I also requested and received Rob's mando set up guide.

Any way you look at it, the e-book is an incredible piece of work (i.e., either from a newbie or a pro perspective). Now whether I have the guts to set up my new vintage mando is another thing (and a set up it desperately needs).

So...thank you, sir, for creating the document and responding so quickly to my request. I appreciate that there are altruistic people like you in the world. If you were closer, I'd be buying you a few beers!

I just received Rob Medrum's mandolin set up ebook. All I can say about the book is WOW!! I never expected so much information.Now I understand why all the accolades about the book.Thank U ROB MELDRUM for Ur kindness and what U do for the folks here. I hope one day to somehow return the favor to U sir. Thank U again,I greatly appreciate U.(PS: So will my family now).

Brand new member here. Rob was kind enough to send me his definitive body of work on mandolin setups! I bought a Kentucky KM254 from MF so I am truly in NEED of set up help but I am getting there slowly! Thanks again!

I've just got Rob's book and I have to say it is great, some really useful tips and ideas. Really appreciate the effort that has gone into it and appreciate the fact it is entirely free! Just goes to show what a giving people there are out there in the mandolin world!

Thank you to Rob for sending your set up book to me. I had only read a few pages when I realized what a powerful tool
    This would be. Your kindness is truly commendable. You are a true gentleman

Thanks for the kudos. This thread bump has increased requests for the ebook, and they're still free! :-)

Rob, thank you!! Super helpful book and cleared up some things I was wondering about with guitar setups, too. I've usually done setups for friends, but you've expanded my knowledge and skill. Thank you!!

Rob Thanks for the e-book and all the work you put into. Lots of great info here.

Thank you, Rob! Your ebook is very well written, easy to follow and covers every detail.

Rob, thank you very much for your mandolin set up ebook. I've always enjoyed working on my instruments and it will be invaluable to me for a long time to come.

+1 to the above. It's a great resource.

I would like to thank Rob as well. The information in the e-book is fantastic. It is a wonderful thing for him to share his knowledge.

Steve

I, too, got Rob's ebook a few weeks ago. I haven't had the chance to apply it yet, but I've read it a couple times and it gives me the confidence that I will be able to do this myself when I get down to it.

It is great that there are still folks out there who are willing to share their expertise with others.

Thanks, Rob!

AKA Billgrass

Yet another THANK YOU to Rob! The book and the videos are excellent. It will be very useful for years to come!!
    Daily joy - morning noon and night:

Just requested mine. Looking forward to getting it. I've already set mine up but my experience is with guitars, I'm looking forward to seeing how much different the mandolin approach is.
    Eastman MD315 Mandolin
    '59 Gibson J-45 "Spot"
    '21 Gibson LG-2
    '94 Taylor 710
    '18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
    '22 Martin CEO7
    '15 Martin 000X1AE
    Fender Roadworn USA P-Bass "Big Al"

www.reverbnation.com/MickKyteMusic

Rob, thanks for a very comprehensive and well written manual. It really demystified the setup process for me. Although I do not currently have a mandolin needing a setup, I am very curious to follow your intonation instructions to see if there is anything that can be improved.
    2008 Big Muddy M-0
    2012 The Loar LM-400 wth CA bridge

"Sing joyfully; make music with the mandolin. Sing a new song; Play skillfully with joy!"
    (Adapted from Psalm 33)

I should probably request another copy of Rob's book... I think I have one of the first issues around here a somewhere... Think it was his e-manual that I ran though it's paces ... was great then bet it is even better now.
    Blessings,
    Kip...

If you think you can or think you can't... you're likely right!

Eastman MD515, amid many guitars and a dulcimer.

Thanks for the book Rob. I just made my nut files out of a feeler guage set with some diamond files in anticipation of a Kentucky KM-505 which should be arriving in the mail this week. Your book is really fantastic.

I also would like to thank Rob for the amazing book. Being a lifelong tinkerer I really wanted to do all the setup work myself on my km150. With the aid of his very detailed instructions, I was able to knock out the setup in a few short hours. Now I just need to learn to play! Thanks again Rob for supplying this awesome resource!

Got my copy of the ebook last night just a few hours after sending Rob an email. Great guy!! Can't wait to dive into this thing and start working on my mandolin. Thanks Rob!!!!
    Eastman MD315 Mandolin
    '59 Gibson J-45 "Spot"
    '21 Gibson LG-2
    '94 Taylor 710
    '18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
    '22 Martin CEO7
    '15 Martin 000X1AE
    Fender Roadworn USA P-Bass "Big Al"

www.reverbnation.com/MickKyteMusic

Another grateful recipient here. Rob's set-up guide is very thorough, very detailed. Generous guy to make this available.

Thanks much.

Steve B
    "It is our policy to blame the b*nj*"