Thread: Joe Walsh on his Gilchrist

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to OldSausage For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Joe Walsh on his Gilchrist

Dissapointed, was expecting Life's Been Good on the mando.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bayAreaDude For This Useful Post:

Joe is one of my favorite players and he makes that mandolin sound great! I was lucky to hear it in a jam in Dallas a few years back. He was a super nice guy as well. It's awesome when the performers come to the parking lot and hang out with the regular folks - you can tell they just love playing music.

6. The following members say thank you to lonestar_shawn for this post:

This one is unique. I love the tone he pulls out of that thing.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sgarrity For This Useful Post:

Hey Joe Walsh! I own Gilchrist A3 #246 from the same year and boy do these two sound similar. Mine has the sunburst finish but otherwise the spec's seem the same. I had been searching for a really nice mando when Dexter Johnson called me in to his shop to see one that was waiting to be picked up by it's new owner. I ordered my mandolin in Aug. of 1992 and got it in Jan. of 1993. I love it dearly and, as you know, the sound is forever gratifying. I asked Steve G. if the differences between A's and F's was cosmetic and he said "Absolutely". The variations come from all the other components that are in play. I was excited to see the post, I feel like we are Pisano, as the Italians say. (ps Blue Chips are the best by far.) Check out my web site...

Billy Packard

billypackardmandolin.com
    Last edited by Billy Packard; Nov-22-2014 at 2:41pm. Reason: correct spelling!

Love his tone and story on how he got that mando.
    Waterloo WL-M

Blues Mando Social Group - member

Nice, I met Joe at Targhee camp this past summer and he is a great guy as well as player. Fun to listen to and be around.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

I was inspired by the video to visit the USA dealers for Gilchrist, Carter Vintage, but was not even allowed entry to their website, seemingly because I am visiting from an ISP in Thailand. Way to go, Carter - that's a first for me. I'm well aware of the need for websites to protect themselves from sources of spam (the Cafe has filters in force that do an excellent job of keeping Thailand spammers away from the Classifieds), but I have never come across ANY website anywhere in the world that won't even allow me to browse its content.

Sorry about the tangent. I do love that Gilchrist though!
    Last edited by Ron McMillan; Nov-23-2014 at 3:35am. Reason: clarity