Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bold ToneRite claim

Default Re: A bold ToneRite claim

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I dont know about those claims but i can say with 100% certainty that this ToneRright thread causes over eating.

Ever since its first post yesterday I have consumed massive amounts of Turkey and fixings.

Sure some naysayers will call that anecdotal but I can assure you it has happened to me and I cant see another explanation for it.
    In support of your anecdotal evidence I have noted the same phenomenon, perhaps caused by this thread on ToneRite. Oh, there go those urges again, maybe a turkey sandwich will help.

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Vegemite, Marmite, ToneRite - they all bite!

I have sampled the first two (not a fan), and never the third, so take that with a grain of salt. Or your favorite spread.

For more of the history of this fascinating product, go here. My favorite part is when the company changed the product's name to Parwill, and, in an effort to compete with the then much more popular Marmite, devised the advertising slogan, "If Marmite ... then Parwill." If you don't get it, say it out loud. With the right accent, of course
    But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I read somewhere that something like 90% of the vegemite purchased in Australia is made by Kraft Foods in the US. I heard that an American cannot by vegemite from Kraft directly, but has to by it from a retailer in Australia and re-import it to the US.

Its a complicated world.
    That's nothing, compared to trying to smuggle a Scottish Haggis past the FDA ban into the USA, so you can have a decent Burns Supper. Have to cook the darned thing yourself (which they do, for the Burns night we go to every year).

I wonder what applying a ToneRite to a Haggis would do? Maybe a plot for a good sci-fi/horror movie there...

Quote Originally Posted by foldedpath View Post

I wonder what applying a ToneRite to a Haggis would do?
    There'd be a WHOLE LOT OF SHAKIN' GOIN' ON!!

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

I read somewhere that something like 90% of the vegemite purchased in Australia is made by Kraft Foods in the US. I heard that an American cannot by vegemite from Kraft directly, but has to by it from a retailer in Australia and re-import it to the US.

Its a complicated world.
    That's true. Vegemite is a US made product.

John Williamson changed the lyrics of 'hey true blue' from ’or is it Vegemite’ to 'or will she'll be right' when he found this out.
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

Quote Originally Posted by foldedpath View Post
    I wonder what applying a ToneRite to a Haggis would do?
    Make it find its best singing voice???

bratsche
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

GearGems - Gifts & apparel for musicians and more!
    MandolaViola's YouTube Channel

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bratsche For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Lewis View Post
    That's true. Vegemite is a US made product.
    I'm sorry, I don't watch the news very often, and so I was unaware that the USA had annexed Australia. When did this happen?

Q.3 Where is VEGEMITE made?
    VEGEMITE has been made in Australia since it was first launched in 1923. VEGEMITE's home is at the manufacturing plant located in Port Melbourne, Victoria.
    Q.9 Are all the ingredients in VEGEMITE sourced from within Australia?
    A. We pride our self on being made in Australia, for Australians since it launched down under in 1923. More than 90% of VEGEMITE's ingredients are sourced from within Australia, with a small amount of yeast and other flavourings imported.
    Q.10 What percentage of VEGEMITE is exported overseas?
    A. Around 98% of VEGEMITE is sold in Australia; the other 2% is sold overseas.

Here's a charming commercial featuring The Four Little Vege-Mites, singing merrily, plus some interesting claims as to its health benefits.

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

According to Wiki, the Vegemite brand is owned by an American company (Mondelēz International, formerly Kraft Foods), which owns and operates the plant where it's made in Australia. So yes, technically it's a made in Australia product.

It's clear that only the FDA ban against sheep lungs is preventing Mondelēz from cornering the worldwide Haggis market.

Blog Entries

Technically and actually. And always has been. I did mention this back in post #24. Does no one read these pearls of wisdom gleaned from countless oysters of web-searching?

How did we get here, and why are we still here? I see where and how it all started, but still ... Is this some indication that the ToneRite is not as interesting a subject? I shan't argue that point. But I will say that I get my Vegemite from Men At Work, and I suspect so do most Americans, most of whom had never heard of it before this song. (The mention is at 1:12.)

Blog Entries

Well, now that that is cleared up....
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Oval holes are cool David Lewis's Avatar

Gaah: made in an American company!!!! NEVER post before 9am (my time)
    JBovier ELS; Epiphone MM-50 VN; Epiphone MM-40L; Gretsch New Yorker G9310; Washburn M1SDLB;

Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster; Squier Modified Vintage Cabronita Telecaster; Gretsch 5420T; Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat: Washburn Banjo B9; Ibanez RB 5string; Ibanez RB 4 string bass

Pedalboard for ELS: Morley Cry baby Miniwah - Tuner - EHX Soul Food Overdrive - EHX Memory Toy analog Delay
    Fender Blues Jr Tweed; Fender Greta;

13. The following members say thank you to David Lewis for this post:

Blog Entries

Ha! I thought you might have had a late night haggis and Vegemite sandwich. Well, it's always a good idea to wait until the coffee kicks in ...

Well, now that that is cleared up....
    About as clear as Vegemite, mate.

15. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Spam being from the US originally does not completely deflate the fact that the British love it, and its name can still hold its place among other such mass products like Folderol or Gobbledygook.

At least nobody can say those are anecdotal experiences, other than this:

the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

The ToneRight has saved my marriage.
    Forgot to unplug it and put it away.
    Wife accidentally sat on it.
    Cant find the darn thing anymore, but she says my mando sounds fine now.
    No matter where I go, there I am...Unless I'm running a little late.

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

It seems there is a whole industry of cheap ToneRite copies that do the same at less costs, and a whole lot of awkward copyright infringement lawsuits coming...
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

Blog Entries

Oh, yes. And when you consider the enormous market for these devices and the massive losses suffered by the manufacturer due to such scurrilous practices, the penalties could easily run into hundreds of farthings.

Ok, here I go. I'm gonna stick my neck out here. I'm sure my claim will sound dubious, and if somebody else posted what I'm about to say, I would certainly not believe them either. But I just want to say it

I just got a tonerite earlier last week to use on my Ellis that I purchased new last month. I've had it on my ellis for about 72 hours, now. Whenever I read this claim, I laughed a little bit just like everyone else. But I just picked up my mandolin today to see how it was doing, and, slap me and call me Lucy, it does play a little easier than normal. It just feels looser overall, like there is less tension on the strings. I have no clue as to what would cause this, and I'm totally open to the possibility that's it's all in my head, but like I said, I laughed when I saw the claim, and I wasn't expecting it to be true in anyway, but, at least, it SEEMS to be true.

As far as tonal enhancement, i can't say I've experienced much of that yet. I bought this because whenever I pick up my ellis to play, it takes a little bit for it to open up, or wake up as some people say. I can say that it has helped in that regard. Now whenever I pick it up, it doesn't need that extra wake up period and it sounds great right away.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience, you can doubt me if you want, I understand