Thread: Dudenbostel 1-A #70

Default Dudenbostel 1-A #70

Wow...
    I bet this a REALLY nice mandolin.
    It is very beautiful.
    I like the really simple understated design.

I wish I had 10 grand sitting around.
    Next time...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Dudenbo...item4d29b3f5cb

Default Re: Dudenbostel 1-A #70

It was posted here on the Cafe yesterday ... http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/81995
    ... not all those who wander are lost ...

Since I will never be able to have a Loyd Loar F5, a Dudenbostel is my realistic dream mandolin.
    The F styles might be a little out of my realistic range, but an A style is possible. (not at the moment though).
    This one is pretty spot on to me.
    I would like a dark subtle sunburst top, but I would certainly not kick this one out of bed.
    It is a stunning thing.

Blog Entries

First A5 Dude I've seen. I would love to hear it.

I can not fathom trading it for a one-time family vacation but I admire his sacrifice.

A guy had a Dude A-5 at a mandolin house party I attended once. It definitely ended the "What's better, an A or F argument?" It was one of the finest sounding mandolins I ever heard and stood out in a room full of some of the finest mandolins you would ever find in one place at the same time! Dudenbostle can sure make a mighty fine mandolin!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wilson View Post
    First A5 Dude I've seen.
    Not a "5" really--it's the 1-A, kind of his "Junior" model, with binding only around the top and not on the fingerboard or back. They are great mandolins and sound wonderful. I don't know if he has a reserve but it could be a rare opportunity to get one of these for less than list.

7. The following members say thank you to blauserk for this post:

Americanadian Andrew B. Carlson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barney 59 View Post
    A guy had a Dude A-5 at a mandolin house party I attended once. It definitely ended the "What's better, an A or F argument?" It was one of the finest sounding mandolins I ever heard and stood out in a room full of some of the finest mandolins you would ever find in one place at the same time! Dudenbostle can sure make a mighty fine mandolin!
    The comparison was wrong. It's not whether it's an A or F, but is it a Dudenbostal or something else?
    Mandolin, Guitar, & Bass for Doug Rawling & The Caraganas
    www.dougrawling.com
    2008 Kentucky KM-1000
    2014 Martin D-28 Authentic 1937
    1964 Gibson LG-0
    2022 Sigma SDR-45VS

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B. Carlson View Post
    The comparison was wrong. It's not whether it's an A or F, but is it a Dudenbostal or something else?
    I guess your correct but the only comparison would have to be against a Dudenbostel F which was not available on that day.
    The comparison I made was against F models that were at that event which included a Monteleoni, a Miller, a '23 Loar,a Charlie Darrington signed Gibson, a Givens,a Red Diamond, a couple of Gils and some other notable mandolins that I maybe didn't give all that much attention to being dazzled by all the other pretty jewels in front of me. There were players in that room that were equal to the mandolins that they showed up with as well! So it wasn't just me that was test driving these things! That Dudenbostel A still haunts me though! It's of course pretty subjective but, to me at least, I thought that the tone of the Dude was the best of the lot!