Thread: Balkan flavors

Exclamation Balkan flavors

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Klasse ´15.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	128702

I am delighted to share with you the wonderful news of the upcoming performance by the Class of 2015 of Caterina Lichtenberg on January 17th, in Wuppertal, Germany. I am also enormously pleased and honored that these talented young mandolinists will premiere among other works my Balkonies (sic), a Greek-flavored composition for unaccompanied mandolin, written expressly for them and Caterina. The other pieces on the program are also by composers from that same region, or inspired by it.

Later in January, after the premiere, I will be circulating the score freely among all those on my list of mando-friends, as is my custom. If you would like to be included in the list of recipients, please just drop me a note.

Three cheers to all the flavorful peoples of the Balkans, and the many, conjoint cultures that bind us together!

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vkioulaphides For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Balkan flavors

Wonderful and congrats Victor! :-)

Thanks, Alex!

The original plan was for a premiere in Sofia, Bulgaria, on the 19th— but of course such things are always flexible, and full of wonderful surprises. Today for example, while working all day in a recording studio, I received confirmation that my Summer Concerto for violin and strings has been programmed in Seattle for June 2016. All this, without me knowing anything about it until a few days ago...

So I will trust diva Fortuna, since I can't do otherwise, anyway.

Cheers,

Victor

Congratsulations viktor! Are there any Music Sheets available? (χαιρετίσματα από την πατρίδα)

Γεια σου, Θέμη. Χαιρετίσματα και σε σένα!

Yes, in fact all my mandolin music is freely available. Please just send me your e-mail address via the Café messenger, and I will be happy to send you anything you ask me for. I may already have your address but, just in case...

As a matter of fact, I am just about to release this new, little piece...

Cheers,

Victor

OK, friends: the score has been sent off to all my mando-contacts around the world; the young bird has spread its wings and taken to the sky...

I also reference the website where, courtesy of ever-generous Jim Garber, all my works for unaccompanied mandolin are listed as free downloads.

http://paperclipdesign.com/vk/

Pluck on merrily, friends!

Cheers to one and all,

Victor

8. The following members say thank you to vkioulaphides for this post: