Thread: ibanez mandolin m700s anyone have an opinion about them

fishing with my mando darrylicshon's Avatar

Default ibanez mandolin m700s anyone have an opinion about them

New ibanez mandolin m700s
    atleast it is a better quality one than they have been making
    It says
    top Solid engraved Sitka Spruce top
    back & sides Solid engraved Falmed Maple back, Flamed Maple sides , i always liked ibanez so i will have to try one
    Has anyone played one yet
    Ibanez 70's 524, 521, 3 511's,2 512's,513,1 514,3 80s 513's, 522
    J Bovier F5-T custom shop
    Kiso Suzuki V900,
    The Loar lm600 Cherryburst
    morgan monroe mms-5wc,ovation
    Michael Kelly Octave Mandolin
    Emandos Northfield octave tele 4, Northfield custom jem octave mandolin 5 octave strat 8
    2 Flying v 8, octave 5, Exploryer octave 8 20"
    Fender mandostrat 4,3 Epip mandobird 2,4/8, Kentucky. KM300E Eastwood mandocaster
    Gold Tone F6,Badaax doubleneck 8/6

Default Re: ibanez mandolin m700s anyone have an opinion about them

Quote Originally Posted by darrylicshon View Post
    New ibanez mandolin m700s
    atleast it is a better quality one than they have been making
    It says
    top Solid engraved Sitka Spruce top
    back & sides Solid engraved Falmed Maple back, Flamed Maple sides , i always liked ibanez so i will have to try one
    Has anyone played one yet
    Very nice mando! We just got one in stock at our store. Plays and sounds just as good (if not better than) any Loar mando we've ever had. Really nice appointments, too - especially the rosewood pickguard. If you're interested, here's the link if you want to check it out: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=161580854474

Let me know if you have any questions - thanks!

Joel

Joel,

You are not supposed to be 'advertising' on the forum.. you may be in trouble for the moderators.
    Trevor
    Formerly of The Acoustic Music Co (TAMCO) Brighton England now retired.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Joel,

You are not supposed to be 'advertising' on the forum.. you may be in trouble for the moderators.
    Hey Trevor,

I appreciate your concern. Honestly, the intention of my post was simply to answer the person who started this thread. He asked if anyone has played that particular mandolin, and if so, what their opinion was about it - and that's what I gave him. The fact that I happen to have one for sale shouldn't take away from the value of my post, nor should it compromise the integrity of this forum. After all, if he's interested in buying one, and I have one for sale, how is that not win-win-win? (The 3rd win being for the forum, as it served as a successful medium for answering a question and solving a problem).

It would be one thing if I just posted a generic spam message and said, "Hey guys - I have tons of cool mandolins for sale! Check out my online store here: [link]". That, I will never do, because it's obnoxious and insincere.

But I guess it's ultimately up to the moderators to decide. Either way, I appreciate the heads-up.

Joel

Good point. Maybe I got it wrong.
    Trevor
    Formerly of The Acoustic Music Co (TAMCO) Brighton England now retired.

Joel, I appreciate your point of view, but:

1. You said "The fact that I happen to have one for sale shouldn't take away from the value of my post, nor should it compromise the integrity of this forum. After all, if he's interested in buying one, and I have one for sale, how is that not win-win-win? (The 3rd win being for the forum, as it served as a successful medium for answering a question and solving a problem)." That's what the Cafe“classifieds are for, to put buyers into contact with sellers. This forum is for discussions of mandolin topics. Had you just indicated that you'd tried out a m700S and thought it was a good instrument for the price, that would've been in line with how this part of the Cafe“is supposed to operate.

2. The fact that you just joined the Cafe“to make this point, also makes one wonder if you're mainly trying to promote your business. We have several dealers who regularly post here (Trevor's one of them; he runs The Acoustic Music Co. store in Brighton UK), but they're scrupulous about not trying to sell things on the forum. Again, that's what the classifieds are for, and they're free to Cafe“members.

3. Hope these are just part of a period of adjustment, and that you'll continue to participate here.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

Quote Originally Posted by allenhopkins View Post
    Joel, I appreciate your point of view, but:

1. You said "The fact that I happen to have one for sale shouldn't take away from the value of my post, nor should it compromise the integrity of this forum. After all, if he's interested in buying one, and I have one for sale, how is that not win-win-win? (The 3rd win being for the forum, as it served as a successful medium for answering a question and solving a problem)." That's what the Cafe“classifieds are for, to put buyers into contact with sellers. This forum is for discussions of mandolin topics. Had you just indicated that you'd tried out a m700S and thought it was a good instrument for the price, that would've been in line with how this part of the Cafe“is supposed to operate.

2. The fact that you just joined the Cafe“to make this point, also makes one wonder if you're mainly trying to promote your business. We have several dealers who regularly post here (Trevor's one of them; he runs The Acoustic Music Co. store in Brighton UK), but they're scrupulous about not trying to sell things on the forum. Again, that's what the classifieds are for, and they're free to Cafe“members.

3. Hope these are just part of a period of adjustment, and that you'll continue to participate here.
    Hey Allen,

Great insight - and yes, I'm new here and still getting my bearings, so thanks for going easy on me

I honestly didn't even see the Classifieds section, so thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've just submitted the ad for the Ibanez mando there (for anyone who may be interested).

Thanks for the input!

Joel

8. The following members say thank you to Nashville Guitar Store for this post:

fishing with my mando darrylicshon's Avatar

I do want one, but i just bought a fender mando strat so i have to wait a bit before i buy another.
    Ibanez 70's 524, 521, 3 511's,2 512's,513,1 514,3 80s 513's, 522
    J Bovier F5-T custom shop
    Kiso Suzuki V900,
    The Loar lm600 Cherryburst
    morgan monroe mms-5wc,ovation
    Michael Kelly Octave Mandolin
    Emandos Northfield octave tele 4, Northfield custom jem octave mandolin 5 octave strat 8
    2 Flying v 8, octave 5, Exploryer octave 8 20"
    Fender mandostrat 4,3 Epip mandobird 2,4/8, Kentucky. KM300E Eastwood mandocaster
    Gold Tone F6,Badaax doubleneck 8/6