Thread: "Fertilizer for the brain."

Default "Fertilizer for the brain."

I realize that this is a bit like preaching to the choir. (Can i get an Amen?) but i was able to get through kindergarten only because of my ability to share.

Jens Kruger is a brilliant 5-string banjo player and he was at the Deering factory putting together some free banjos for school kids. Someone there interviewed him while he was doing that. His thoughts and insights are pretty wonderful.

There's plenty of Jens playing on YouTube if you would want to check him out.

Enjoy the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvRJGkM2nZ0

Ryk
    mandolin ~ guitar ~ banjo

"I'm convinced that playing well is not so much a technique as it is a decision. It's a commitment to do the work, strive for concentration, get strategic about advancing by steps, and push patiently forward toward the goal." Dan Crary

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryk Loske For This Useful Post:

Default Re: "Fertilizer for the brain."

Thanks for that. Jens is an amazing musician. Nice to know he's a good fella too.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." --- Mongo

Nice interview, thanks for posting that. The Kruger Brothers are very much part of the community in Wilkes county and are very approachable. Jens makes some good points about music exposure and education.

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Musical instruments given to kids are really a fertilizer turned into brains. Prevents their brains from turning into fertilizer later.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

I've seen the Kruger brothers perform live many times. Jens is a true virtuoso, he can play any type of music on the five string and it's all as good as it gets. The Krugers are a treasure for acoustic music lovers! Great guys as well.....

They are all super nice guys (friends of friends of mine). I actually took Joel, their bass player, up for a balloon ride a couple of years back. Have seen them play a few times and am always impressed. Just wish there was mandolin!
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85