Good afternoon, I'd like to thank the members of this forum for the informations, in a lot of threads, that helped me to decide wich "new vintage" mandolin to buy.
Your indications and video suggested, leaded me to choose a Gibson A Jr. I won an Ebay's auction for a '26 Gibson and It arrived yesterday. I decided to trust in the auction pictures and the descriptions. i opened the parcel with foreboding and.. it's terrific!
I reassembled the original bridge (I asked to the seller to dismount it for the intercontinental shipping) and I retunned the old strings. The sound and the vibration of the wood was wonderful!
I know that it must "wake up" (perhaps It was in its case unplayed for a lot of time) but this first "contact" si very good. I'll restring it with D'Addario J47 (in Italy this string set and Martin m400 are easy to find) and I'm impatient to try my different picks.
Now I need one specific advice. I'd profit of the Jr "unstringed" to clean it and its fretboard. I used on my Kentucky km 250s "planet waves protect" to wax the body and a specific guitar oil for the fretboard (lemon oil). Are these products suitable for my vintage Gibson? Thanks a lot for this forum and Its precious informations.