Thread: Help! Waverly button

Default Help! Waverly button

Hi all, I posted a classified ad searching for a 14mm waverly pearl button then realized I should as some advice here.

Hi I'm looking to track down a Waverly
    14mm pearl f style mandolin button.
    one of my buttons shattered so I contacted stew Mac. They were so gracious to send me a replacement button. Literally an amazing company!
    When it arrived I realized it was a different size from the rest. A bunch of years ago they changed over to the 13mm buttons to be more true to Loar buttons. I will use those, "eventually". Reason being is my old buttons must have been super glued cause I can't get them off to put the new ones so I figure for now 7 our of the 8 14mm are in great shape so I would like to complete that set.
    I took a photo of my mandolin head stock to show the difference in size. The button right one is the new 13mm button. Any advice would be amazing.
    Anyone know where I could get the old 14mm? And if not, how I can take them off to put the new ones?

Default Re: Help! Waverly button

mechanic, not a luthier

Modify what you can find? if super glued once the tuners are on the bench (not the instrument )
    You may have to destroy the old buttons to replace the new,

so other than 1mm difference in a button , how's the music going.. ??

Per haps more picking and less fussing over that..
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Default Re: Help! Waverly button

Cedros in Germany should have them. http://www.cedros.org/start_englisch...set_start.html