Thread: Clark Mandolins at CBA Festival

Default Clark Mandolins at CBA Festival

Seeing the "Built in Boise" link Scott put up today reminded me about seeing Austin Clark last weekend at the Father's Day Bluegrass Festival in Grass Valley. I hadn't been in a few years and the Luthiers' Pavillion seemed bigger than ever. There must have been 5+ mandolin builders there along with guitars, banjos, violins, etc.

The only mandolins I sampled were Austin's: two F5s and an A5. All sounded great, played like butter, and were stunning. I love the look of the French polish varnish finish he does. I didn't feel like I had to "get used to them." They were comfortable to play right away, and made me feel like a better player than I know I am.

Anyway, want to give a shout out to a great, forthright guy who builds great, forthright mandolins.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Pick For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Clark Mandolins at CBA Festival

I'm in love with his octave mandolins, they are being played by a lot of pro's

Default Re: Clark Mandolins at CBA Festival

Yes, they are amazing to look at and hear. John Mailander played one on a couple songs he performed with Molly Tuttle and it sounded great. They are works of art.