Thread: Tenor Guitar mini-gathering July 25

Default Tenor Guitar mini-gathering July 25

I've posted about this in another thread but I thought I'd start a new one with a more definitive title. I'm hosting a tenor guitar gathering in Northampton, Massachusetts on Saturday July 25th. It's very informal, just a hang out for whoever wants to come. There will be space to play/jam, sample each other's guitars, eat and imbibe.

It all takes place at Pathways Cohousing, the community where I live. The common house has lots of indoor and outdoor space, as well as a couple of guest rooms if anyone wants to make the trek from a distance and make a weekend of it in Western Mass.

I don't have a particular structure in mind for this, but since I don't expect a huge crush of folks, I think an informal, play-it-by-ear approach will be best. I'll organize food and drink.

If you're coming or think you'd like to come, please let me know so I can get a sense of the attendance. I'll be happy to answer any questions, and I'll provide more info/reminders in the coming days. Thanks and hope to see some of you here!

Default Re: Tenor Guitar mini-gathering July 25

And to further entice you, here's my current tenor stash that you can check out if you come:

Martin 0-18T
    Breedlove
    Regal Dobro
    Regal small body spruce/rosewood
    Kalamazoo KTG-14
    Stella
    Gibson ETG-150
    Earnest Tenorcaster
    Zither electric

I'm pretty sure I can make this. I'll bring my Herb Taylor archtop, a David Newton Tenor-2, a Blueridge BRT-40, and a Kala tenor. If someone wants the Blueridge I'll sell it for a great price since I never play it.

Just a reminder, the get-together is this Saturday. The weather is very promising. Looks like there will be a small but decent crowd, with representatives from Massachusetts, Vermont and New Jersey so far. I haven't had confirmation that Neko Case is coming, but then again I haven't had confirmation that she's NOT coming, so who knows? Ok, I didn't ask her, but maybe she reads this forum and will surprise us. Anyway, let me know (if you haven't already) if you're thinking of coming down (or up, or sideways).

Hey Seonachan,

I'm still hoping to come down, though probably can't get there till later in the afternoon at best. Is there a timeframe you're hoping to aim at?

Wish I could! That's my old stomping ground, and I get out there regularly, but I am tied up with gigs in Maine this coming weekend. If another one happens, do let us all know. I am always looking for reasons to go out that direction.

Have fun!
    Baron
    MandoLessons: Free Online Mandolin Lessons
    Velocipede: My Fiddle Tune Duo
    Old Time Mandolin: Solo Old Time Mandolin Album

Quote Originally Posted by dburtnett View Post
    Hey Seonachan,

I'm still hoping to come down, though probably can't get there till later in the afternoon at best. Is there a timeframe you're hoping to aim at?
    Well I've nominally set it for 12-5, but there's no reason it can't run later. I think there's one person who won't make it until evening, and everyone's welcome to stay. If it runs real late we'll just have to keep the volume down.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Collins-Hill View Post
    Wish I could! That's my old stomping ground, and I get out there regularly, but I am tied up with gigs in Maine this coming weekend. If another one happens, do let us all know. I am always looking for reasons to go out that direction.

Have fun!
    Baron
    Assuming the place doesn't burn down on Saturday, I'm sure I'll be up for doing it again. Maybe plan it far enough ahead of time to find a date that works for everyone. It would be great to have a regular event in this region.

Just a reminder that the get-together is tomorrow, starting at 12pm or whenever you get here. Just as an FYI, there's a uke club that will be practicing at the cohousing next door to us, so pride and honor are on the line. Also, bring your tridents in case there is a turf war - things can escalate rather quickly here.

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Good luck with your gathering, I hope it grows from year to year.

Seonachan,

Sorry I didn't make it yesterday... I actually was on my way with a pile of tenors in the car, but was running late (like 3pm) and ran into a road closure on I-91 southbound that ate another hour. I bailed from the backup after an hour.

Hope you had fun!

Daryl

Sorry to hear about that Daryl, what a drag! It was a light turnout in any case but maybe another time with more planning it can turn into something. There were at least a dozen folks who wanted to come but couldn't make it that day, so there's definitely enough potential interest.

13. The following members say thank you to Seonachan for this post: