Thread: Evansville Area Jam Sessions

Martinsville, Indiana formerly of Brown County

Default Evansville Area Jam Sessions

Anyone know of any in this area?

Default Re: Evansville Area Jam Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hedrick View Post
    Anyone know of any in this area?
    Hi Gary, I'm from the Evansville area, now live in Louisville. I'm not sure if you'd be willing to travel, but there are a couple of weekly jams here in town, the one I most usually attend is at Goodwood Brewery downtown, it's every Saturday at 4pm, til about 6ish, great beer, people, and picking. I don't know of any jams in Evansville but I do have some friends that occasionally will get together and pick when we are all in town. Let me know if you want more info.

Thanks for the reply. I am working in Evansville during the week and heading back to Martinsville for the weekends. I'd like to find a place to do some playing Monday through Thursday if I could. Living out of a hotel room can be a little tiring after a while!!

There surely must be some sort of a open session somewhere in the area? Owensboro is hardly a bluegrass desert!

Having an interesting time working for Astra Zeneca at Mount Vernon doing project work and a break from the intensity would be nice. I haven't had much of a chance to play recently and I am getting rusty.

Thanks again for the response and I would surely like to get a chance to meet you if you are in town during the week sometime.

I understand the living out of a hotel room thing, so no worries there. Call the International Bluegrass Museum in Owensboro, I'm sure they can tell you about all the jams in town there. They put on an amazing bluegrass fest every year called ROMP. (270) 926-7891

Thanks for the info!!