Thread: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Ryman

Default Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Ryman

I had the great pleasure to be in Nashville on Monday, Sept.14 and see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Bands 50th. anniversary concert at the Ryman Auditorium. What a show! Some of their friends joined them, including Sam Bush and Jerry Douglas- both of who played all night. Other guests included John Prine, Jerry Jeff Walker, Jackson Browne, Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, and Rodney Crowell. Needless to say, mandolins were happening- by both Mr. Bush and John Mc Euen of the Dirt Band. The storied old Ryman only added to the incredible atmosphere of the evening. It was filmed by PBS to be shown next spring. Look for it. It was a night I won't soon forget.
    Chief. Way up North. Gibson 1917 A model with pickup. JL Smith 5 string electric. 1929 National Triolian resonator mandolin with pickup. National RM 1 with pickup. Ovation Applause. Fender FM- 60 E 5 string electric (with juiced pickups). 1950's Gibson EM-200 electric mandolin. 1954 Gibson EM-150 electric mandolin. Custom made "Jett Pink" 5 string electric- Bo Diddley slab style. Jay Roberts Tiny Moore model 5 string electric.

2. The following members say thank you to Chief for this post:

Default Re: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Ryman

The heads-up for PBS is very helpful.! Thanks so much Name:  5407.png
Views: 257
Size:  25.2 KB

That must have been an extraordinary performance!

Sounds like a great concert by my favorite band. I had tickets to see them last June, but I had to go out of town on business. My boss (wife) went with her ma and they had a great time. I see them every time they're in the vicinity. John McEuen has way too much talent.