Thread: Little Towns North of Atlanda

Default Little Towns North of Atlanda

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any Jams, Concerts, Bluegrass functions etc. taking place in the next few days (Oct 14,15) around Gainesville, Cumming, Dahlonega Ga. area?

Thanks for any tips.

Default Re: Little Towns North of Atlanda

Crimson moon in Dahlonega
    Open Mic Night
    Every Wednesday Night!
    NEXT EVENT:
    Wednesday, October 14th
    From 7-9pm
    Free for performers and free admission.
    Come claim your 15 minutes of fame!
    Hosted by Jacob Elliott & EmilyWhite.
    Visit: emilywhitemusic.com/
    I have not been to this particular night but I can say this cafe has a nice friendly vibe.
    Further south you have Steve's live music and Everett's music barn but not so much on a Wed, Thurs night.

3. The following members say thank you to mandodan1960 for this post:

mandodan, Thanks so much for that info. Hoping to make it to Dahlonega. I should be touching down at Gilmer later this morning.

Thanks again!

I saw Michael Kennedy and Flamekeeper at the Red Barn near Hotlanta last time I was there. Sawnee Mountain Music in Cummings is a great place to spend some time.

Quote Originally Posted by mandodan1960 View Post
    Crimson moon in Dahlonega
    Open Mic Night
    Every Wednesday Night!
    NEXT EVENT:
    Wednesday, October 14th
    From 7-9pm
    Free for performers and free admission.
    Come claim your 15 minutes of fame!
    Hosted by Jacob Elliott & EmilyWhite.
    Visit: emilywhitemusic.com/
    I have not been to this particular night but I can say this cafe has a nice friendly vibe.
    I did go check out the Crimson Moon 'open-mic' night. You're right mandodan, it was a friendly atmosphere. Nice people and the food was good.

The 'open-mic' part of the evening was a lot more organized than most. I don't know what the process is/was for getting on the list, but it seemed that everything had been decided ahead of time. Each 'act' was called up in turn, by name and was allowed to a few songs.
    Most of these performers were young singer/songwriters doing 'originals'. A lot of talent and some of the 'acts' were extremely polished and professional. A few average, run of the mill 'Joes' (like me!) got up and sang. I'm sure for those few, it was tough to follow the 'pros'.

The only real disappointment for me, was that NONE of the music was Southern, or Bluegrass, or Country in any way. I'da thought that in a little cafe, in a little town in the heart of Georgia, there would be at least the remnants of 'South of the Mason/Dixon Line' music.

Don't get me wrong mandodan, I'm not complaining. I had a nice time and I'm glad I went. I appreciate the tip. I was just surprised to hear so much what I would call 'Northern Coffee Shop' type music in the Heart of Dixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
    I saw Michael Kennedy and Flamekeeper at the Red Barn near Hotlanta last time I was there. Sawnee Mountain Music in Cummings is a great place to spend some time.
    Thanks Mandobart. I've been to Sawnee Mountain Music. Never been able to catch a show or jam there, but the place is cool and the people are very friendly. And when I'm there, I know I'm in the South. Gonna head to Cumming later today I think.
    Last edited by FLATROCK HILL; Oct-15-2015 at 12:26pm.