Thread: iphone app

Default iphone app

I like your iphone app but notice its pretty old. it still isn't even updated to reflect the new screen sizes. any idea when an update will come out?

Blog Entries

Default Re: iphone app

That app hasn't been maintained for several years. I probably haven't had it installed on my own iPhone for 3-4 years. There are no plans nor intentions to update it.

Scott, I presume you and the OP refer to the Tollway Solutions Mandolin Cafe app. What you are saying is sad news indeed, I really like this app and use it a lot, in fact I'm wiring this now with it on my iPhone 6. Yes, there are some minor glitches - maybe out of five times, trying to browse the classifieds will freeze the app and reopening is needed. Also, most forum users' response links such as videos, photos, webpages go no place. But especially considering that it was last updated in 2011, but still works for the most part even with after so many iOS updates including the very latest iOS, is remarkable. I think that it might be worthwhile to take a simple general poll to see how many others use it as I do, or would use it if they were aware that a mobile MC app is available. I would imagine that younger members in particular would use and enjoy the portable app.
    Anyway, if MC still elects to not update or support it, please do not simply get rid of it! Works well enough as is, even with the minor issues.
    Thanks,

Dean Segal.

I use it on my Apple devices all the time. I very rarely view the Cafe from a desktop. Dean brings up a good point, mobile devices seem to be the wave of the future. With the mobile devices getting quite large they are becoming the norm rather than the exception.
    Weber Bitteroot Custom
    Eastman 905D 2 point
    Scott Cao 850
    Taylor NS34CE
    "You have to go out on a limb, that is where the fruit is"

I use other groups that somehow publish through Tapatalk and it does the conversion.

I always access the cafe through a browser while on my phone. In fact most contemporary Web site's are created for use on mobile devices (such as the cafe). Numerous app developers create apps on browser languages and simply are ran through the devices browser while appearing to be a separate application. Basically they are websites. This eliminates having to program the same application in different languages for different devices (apple and android). A bookmark in Google Chrome is just as easy as running an application and you get the benefits of enjoying a complete mando-cafe experience without limitations. I can see why Scott doesn't feel compelled to update or maintain an app and a website.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around and play mandolin.”

Blog Entries

IIRC, The Mandolin Cafe didn't create the App. Someone else did.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +