Thread: Article: Peghead Nation Launches Mike Compton's Monroe-Style Mandolin Courses

Blog Entries

Default Article: Peghead Nation Launches Mike Compton's Monroe-Style Mand

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Peghead Nation Launches Mike Compton's Monroe-Style

In discussion with my contact at Peghead Nation, they proposed the following offer I'm happy to extend to everyone:

Peghead Nation is offering Mandolin Cafe visitors one month free. Sign up for Mike's Monroe Mandolin Course, Beginning Mandolin with Sharon Gilchrist, The Advancing Mandolinist with Joe Walsh, or any of Peghead Nation's 20 courses, and get your first month free. Use promo code MandoCafe at checkout.

3. The following members say thank you to Scott Tichenor for this post:

It's unclear to me whether I can subscribe for only one month... I'd like to use this offer to try Joe Walsh's course for one month, without being forced to give my credit card information. And the subscription form only says "How often do you want to be billed?" so I'm a bit scared as to what happens if I decide not to continue after the first free month.

Quote Originally Posted by Niavlys View Post
    It's unclear to me whether I can subscribe for only one month... I'd like to use this offer to try Joe Walsh's course for one month, without being forced to give my credit card information. And the subscription form only says "How often do you want to be billed?" so I'm a bit scared as to what happens if I decide not to continue after the first free month.
    It's probably same as any other similar promotion (e.g. Netflix) - you still gotta give your CC info, and you have to remember to "cancel subscription" before they bill you another month. The idea being, obviously, that many people either like it enough to start paying or simply forget to unsubscribe.

I also want to try Walsh's course, but the subscription page keeps crashing for me for some reason >__<
    Mandolins: The Loar LM-220; Lyon & Healy Special A #103; Epiphone Mandobird VIII
    Violins: 19th century German Steiner copy; NS Design WAV 4; NS Design WAV 5; Reiter Alien II 7-string
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ausdoerrt

Quote Originally Posted by Niavlys View Post
    I've subscribed and received a free month. The promotion code covers the first month and you can easily cancel prior to the next month without ever getting billed. So, basically you can check out all the current content for free, for a month. Joe's course has more content then Mikes at this point in time. Mike has a few technique videos and then a few other videos on Rocky Road Blues and Tennessee Blues. I couldn't sleep this morning, so I've been up checking them out. They're pretty sweet, not much to lose in trying them out. I'm looking forward to more content being added, as they say: "a new lesson each month."

If you hurry you might be able to check out both Joe and Mike's content using the two current promotional codes: mandocafe and Thanks15
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around and play mandolin.”

I can confirm - just signed up for Joe Walsh with the "Thank15" promo code, and they didn't charge my card.

Gonna see if it works the same for the second time - wanna check out one of the fiddle courses.

EDIT: Aaand, that worked as well - picked up the "Old-time fiddling" course. Big heads up to everyone - one month of 2 free courses, a great deal I'd say. Now if only I could get a month off work to focus on music :D
    Last edited by Ausdoerrt; Nov-27-2015 at 9:48am.
    Mandolins: The Loar LM-220; Lyon & Healy Special A #103; Epiphone Mandobird VIII
    Violins: 19th century German Steiner copy; NS Design WAV 4; NS Design WAV 5; Reiter Alien II 7-string
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ausdoerrt

8. The following members say thank you to Ausdoerrt for this post:

vates 

Thanks for your answers, I will try. Do you know how long these two promo codes are supposed to last? (I didn't know about "Thanks15" by the way, thanks)

I don't like how they are dealing with promo codes. I should be able to see clearly whether my promo code has been accepted or not, even before checkout. I clicked "Complete my order" and I'm still unsure if I just payed 20$ or not...

EDIT: The web page wasn't clear, but the email they just sent me is limpid: "Amount Due: $0 / Total Paid: $0"
    Now I might try the other code but I don't know when it ends.
    EDIT 2: Just tried the other code and it worked as well, now for a free month of Brittany Haas' Fiddle Styles course (well I don't really play the fiddle, but I like Brittany's playing and voice so much, I couldn't resist).
    Thanks a lot, Ausdoerrt and Mando_Zeek!
    Last edited by Niavlys; Nov-28-2015 at 10:23am.

Can someone let me know the name of the tune mike plays in the sample. Thanks.

The opening tune is The Boston Boy, famous for being mentioned in the Uncle Pen song. The closing tune is Methodist Preacher.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

Thanks