Hello! Join us for an Old Time Fiddle Tunes jam, mostly instrumental. 6:00-9:00 3rd Thursday of every month. Triumph Coffee, 201 SE 12th, Portland, Oregon. I play mandolin, and we have people on banjos, fiddles, a stand up bass player usually, a tenor guitarist who plays rhythm. We are sometimes short on guitar players, for some reason.

This is a jam that's been happening for about 2 years+ here in Portland, at various venues. We usually have at least 7 jammers, and sometimes as many as 12. In the past when we were at a different venue there were sometimes up to 20 of us. We're all set in a new venue now, so hopefully we'll start to grow again, but meanwhile we have FUN!!! We sound purty darn good, too. All levels welcome to join in. It's not a song circle, mostly instrumental public domain tunes.

Stringalong's "home name" is Marian, the instigator and host, so please introduce yourself, as you are very welcome. We're a friendly bunch, sit in a circle around a table are learning each others' names -- and tunes! I'll have a list of tunes there for people to use, with chord sheets for lots of tunes we know. You're welcome to bring a recording device to learn some at home, and we'll have these devices, too so you can share your tunes with us. Improvisation welcome, if you know how.

I arrive about 5:00 for a bite to eat and to see the tables up. We ask that people have a treat or some supper to help support this great, local and accessible venue. You're welcome to join me at 5:00 too if you can.