Thread: Change to Classifieds landing page

F-style Apostate

Default Change to Classifieds landing page

I kinda miss the two lines beneath the buttons that have been replaced by drop downs (browsing and full view). Actually, if truth be known, after I looked up the old page in the Internet Archive, I realized that I'm still missing the original format. Just looked more sophisticated or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MandoCafeClassifieds_old.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	141894  

Default Re: Change to Classifieds landing page

I preferred the previous browsing layout also! IMHO

F-style Apostate

Yeah- my morning routine today revealed to me why I like the old layout.

I like to check out guitars, banjos and cbom frequently. With the old layout, if I were looking at guitars and wanted to go to banjos, I could just select "banjos" from the line under the buttons and be there. Same for CBOM of course, or any other category. One mouse click did the trick.

In the new setup, you either have to back out of the category you're in to go to a new one, or use the drop down. Both methods are less efficient because they require more mouse clicks. And annoying to if you're used to the directness of the original paradigm.

Mods- was there some really good reason why this small thing was changed? If not, can we have the old layout back? Pretty please?

Figured it out.
    Last edited by vates; Dec-18-2015 at 9:25am.

Blog Entries

Change was made 1) to reduce a ridiculous amount of link clutter, 2) to accommodate a future expansion of categories which simply would not be possible as it was, and 3) to facilitate a cleaner experience for mobile users which are a good chunk of visitor traffic. While I understand some may prefer the old, it's gone and not coming back. And Full View is working if used correctly.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott Tichenor For This Useful Post: