Thread: Rigel resophonic on ebay

Default Rigel resophonic on ebay

This auction has ended, was wondering if anyone saw it? The seller said he thought a joint was seperating on the side of the body, but it was not cracked..? My understanding is that most Rigel bodies are carved from a solid piece. It went for $1200 or so, the sellers description put me off

Default Re: Rigel resophonic on ebay

I used to have one. I'd have been interested in that auction...

Someone got a real bargain.

Link.

Seller was language-challenged, which does tend to make one suspicious -- could it be a foreign-based scam? Probably not, but we need to be cautious.

Was the Rigel made with a spider-bridge (Dobro) type resonator? Or was it a biscuit bridge, like the National RM-1 and other National clones?
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

My one had a spider bridge. Pete only made a few of them and he couldn't really cover his costs on them - his retail price was around $4,200 I think.
    Here's the description I saved about my one.
    "Rigel resophonics are few and far between. They required a lot of labor and weren't necessarily profitable for the company, but they are terrific instruments nonetheless.
    This is #1855, built in Rigel's Hyde Park, Vt. location. Excellent condition. G110-style body; clear maple back in tobacco sunburst with spider-bridge resonator cone and cover plate in nickel. Bound soundholes. Rosewood fretboard. Bolt-on neck reinforced with carbon fiber rod. Slight wear on the cover plate; no other marks or dings. Easy playability and bluesy resophonic tone, with volume to spare. Here's the kicker: It also has a K&K Twin pickup installed—unlike other Rigel resophonics, which came without onboard pickups. Rectangular tweed hardshell case with a few light scuffs. "

I remember writing that description.

I played the prototype the only time I went to NAMM. I've played 2 or 3 others but the prototype was the best one.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

I'll have to get that description autographed, Martin. A very skillful piece of Prose...