Thread: who plays a Weber Bridger? tell me about it please

Default who plays a Weber Bridger? tell me about it please

i've found a really beautiful 2001 Bridger, sitka top, x braced, D soundhole.

in thinking of buying an additional mandolin(own a stock Collings MF), i want something with a different tone and character. i do like Webers a lot, neck shape fits me extremely well.

style of music i play is not hard driving Bluegrass, but i do like fiddle tunes and adapting them to what i consider a more sweeter sound with embellishments.

if you own-or owned one, would love to hear your thoughts on it.

used, $1750, hows that sound pricewise. this one has top/back/fretboard/headstock binding, satin finish, very pretty flamed wood, appears abalone headstock inlay. really classy looking instrument.

http://www.sprucetreemusic.com/produ...mandolin-2001/

thanks
    d

Default Re: who plays a Weber Bridger? tell me about it please

well, i found a lot of video on the Bridger, and it sounds a little too bright for me. i think the right Collings MTO(satin finish) might work well though, search continues

d

If you are looking for an oval hole, the Northfield NF-F2S is really great, in my opinion. I've been playing one for about 6 months and it does that sound really well... moving it on because I decided I wanted an F hole mandolin (bought a Collings MT2), but if I wanted an oval in that price area, the Northfield is hard to beat.

I own a very similar Bridger, minus the rosette around the D hole. I don't play a lot of bluegrass and I can tell you I spend more time with this mandolin than I do my Weber Bitterroot Custom Fernburst F. I love the sustain and clarity of the notes and it has a beautiful voice. I got a great deal from a fellow café member so I can't really comment on the price.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5626-52243163182015.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	143260