Thread: Emory Lester - Skype Lessons

Thumbs up Emory Lester - Skype Lessons

I started getting mandolin lessons from Emory Lester a few months ago, via Skype, due to the distance involved.

I wanted to say that I have found them very good. Emory's approach to teaching has been professional, engaging and encouraging. I'm continually impressed by his depth of knowledge and his ability to explain things clearly to me. He's introduced me to music that I haven't heard before but that I really enjoy playing now.

As a near beginner I'm surprised at how quickly I'm improving under his tuition. Additionally he seems very experienced at using Skype as a teaching medium and I've found it no worse that a face to face lesson, even better considering there's no travelling time involved.

Happy to recommend or to answer any questions anyone may have.

2. The following members say thank you to Mando thrasher for this post:

Default Re: Emory Lester - Skype Lessons

Emory Lester is one of my favorites to watch and listen too.

I think it would be awesome to take lessons from him, i have a friend who takes Skype lessons from him as well and has nothing but excellent things to say of the experience.

4. The following members say thank you to darylcrisp for this post:

Default Re: Emory Lester - Skype Lessons

How did I miss this thread? I love Emory and have been Skyping lessons with him for a couple of years now. I love his playing, teaching, and personality....simply one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

I agree that Skype is a good platform. Each lesson is an hour devoted to concepts, tunes, and techniques I would not discover on my own.

If I want to learn a fiddle tune I can get a book or watch YouTube, it's Emory's experience and approach to playing the mandolin that to me is priceless....NFI, YMMV just a very happy student.