Thread: Article: Mandolin Mondays - An Interview with David Benedict

Blog Entries

Default Article: Mandolin Mondays - An Interview with David Benedict

Default Re: Article: Mandolin Mondays - An Interview with David Benedict

Thanks for this excellent interview. I've found myself looking forward to Mandolin Mondays every week and David has been kind enough to send me some of his wonderul and challenging arrangements even though I'm not in a position to sign up for lessons yet. I'm really enjoying Into the True Country and it's great to see him getting the attention he deserves.

I stumbled on "Into the True Country" and was knocked out by what was going on. "Each by Side" is just as good, and now I've got The New Hip to check out. David is really someone to keep an eye on, he's going places!

I have had the pleasure of filling in on several shows where David played sang and mandolin. Make no mistake, he is a world class prognosticator, and great interpreter of the mandolin, and music in general, but the thing that strikes me the most about him is what a fine, humble person he is. I am always amazed at the things he pulls off musically and the unassuming manner in which he works his craft. I feel like he teaches me a lot about music and humanity in general every time I'm presented with the honor sharing the stage with him. AS bbcee says, "he's definitely going places". I can honestly say "I knew him when..." ~Carl C

Thanks for the great interview! I met David at the Swannanoa Gathering in 2012. When I came back in 2014, he remembered me (no one else did). He is kind, intelligent, and a fine person. And what a talent! I highly recommend Into the True Country and Each By Side. And all mandolinists should definitely check out the Mandolin Mondays series. There is something for everybody. David is a big part of the future of the mandolin.
    Last edited by mandolinfox; May-05-2016 at 9:46am. Reason: spelling

Nice, I missed this interview the first time around and to read it after all this time was fun! I have enjoyed every single one of the Mandolin Mondays...some more than others - but I like that David has brought to my attention a wide range of players, styles, and music that I would not have otherwise found. Thank you David and Scott!

Thanks for re-posting this! And here it is, two years later and Mandolin Mondays is still going strong! What a great offering from David to the mandolin community!

I've had the opportunity to take some private lessons with David, and can vouch for what a great teacher and person he is. Definitely worth your while if you're considering 1:1 online lessons.

Would be great to see another interview with David at some point in the near future. Lots has transpired in his career over the past 2 years.
    Last edited by ekalabacos; May-01-2018 at 1:24pm.

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of this interview published this date 2016. We're already making plans for a return interview when Mandolin Mondays hits Episode #200.

Blog Entries

Published this date 2016.

Blog Entries

Nothing the anniversary of this feature.

Blog Entries

Nothing the anniversary of this feature.