Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelite lament.

Default Re: Travelite lament.

Thanks for the info.Almeria. I buy CD's / DVD's /Books & 'assorted items' via Amazon,but i've not found anything sold 'directly' yet - at least nothing that i've wanted to buy being sold by them,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Quote Originally Posted by mandroid View Post
    Pound: Dollar exchange strong, in your favor.
    In the Outer Spiral Arm, maybe. Not in the real world.

They're out of stock at the moment, but Amazon US will ship one here with VAT prepaid. Amazon UK may well get them back in stock too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kelsall View Post
    . It now resides in a Gator moulded ABS case,which is fine -but - the headstock scroll is too close to the side for real comfort.
    it's pretty straightforward to use an exacto knife or single edged razor blade to peel back the velour lining and cut away just enough of the styrofoam underneath to make yourself comfortable, elmers glue to hold it together. I frequently have to do that with bass and guitar hardshells, Gator/Roadrunner/SKB's are always one size fits none.
    Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

I meant that the headstock is too close to the shell of the case. Remove every bit of lining in that area - & it's still too close to the 'shell'. That area needs to be 'w i d e r '. If you look at the headstock area inside a Travelite case,the headstock scroll is well over an inch away from the 'padding', & the shell is on the other side of that = no chance in h**l of the headstock hitting the shell unless you drop the case from such a height that you destroy it. There's more actual protection around a mandolin in a Travelite case,that in almost any other make,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.