Thread: Embergher Orchestral No.1 for sale

Default Embergher Orchestral No.1 for sale

"The Embergher, dated 1927, model orchestral no 1, in really fine original condition £2400"

Not for me, but maybe you or somebody you know.

http://www.soundantiques.com/plucked/embergher1927.html

Default Re: Embergher Orchestral No.1 for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    "The Embergher, dated 1927, model orchestral no 1, in really fine original condition £2400"

Not for me, but maybe you or somebody you know.

http://www.soundantiques.com/plucked/embergher1927.html
    That is a whole pile of money for the orchestra #1 model. I could not see any pictures on their site, thus the mandolin's apparent condition is impossible to verify. I believe I've seen a couple of similar Embergher mandolins recently listed on eBay for $1,800 or less. However, because of their generally high prices I do not follow Embergher sales closely.
    Bona fide dilettante

I believe it is a very high price. Not for me at all.

That is a higher than I have seen no. 1 Emberghers from that period. I also have noticed that the prices have been going down a bit over the last few years. However, do bear in mind that tho you may find a bargain on eBay or elsewhere but might need to factor in any restoration costs. There are few folks out there who have the ability to properly restore these old bowlbacks. Emberghers espeically are also quite delicate and the old ones do often have many issues that must be addressed in order to make them playable.

I believe that that is a luthier shop who is selling it so I would also assume that the mandolin is ready to play at that price.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1