Thread: Gibson Smokestack will be saved

Default Gibson Smokestack will be saved

2. The following members say thank you to Tom Sanderson for this post:

Default Re: Gibson Smokestack will be saved

Great to see!

Thanks for the link, my source in the Kalamazoo historical society has failed me on this one! I knew there was quite a hub bub when the new owners of "Heritage" Guitar came in. I have a long standing friend who works there and I guess I'd better see if I can get some information out of him.
    Thanks again Tom.
    The chicken looks pretty good too!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

5. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post:

Jay Gavan often comes into the place where I work. He said Heritage is moving to a temporary location in July so their space can get an asbestos clean out. They'll move back in when it's done. Jay is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Not to mention tall, gray, and handsome.

I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but Orville arrived in Kalamazoo in 1873-75 and was a guitar maker in his spare time. By the time he made mandolins, it was his day job. And it wasn't at the corner of Main and Burdick. But it's my own fault. I haven't made myself known to the people who write these articles. I suppose it's time, my book is going through it's first editing at the moment.
    Joyce

All facts are important, it's just the context that changes - Mr. Vincent Nigel-Murray

Guitar, brown with six strings.

Not really, it's a 1976 Alvarez, model 5059

Glad to hear that the building will have some asbestos remediation and further fire damage cleanup. They make nice stuff, staff deserves some improvements in the work areas.
    Very pleased to hear that the "gentrification" of the block will be underway sooner rather than later. My only concern is how many breweries can Kalamazoo support and for how long? You can't break a string and not have it hit someone's brewery! Decent restaurants are hard enough to find but, breweries? Almost every other corner in the downtown area.
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett