So mine came in after about a 7 month wait (a previous thread with pics is around here somewhere). Cost was around $600 USD + shipping.

My observations:
Construction:
- heavy for its size, solid block of wood, weighs as much or more than a full size mando.
- has a bad case of neck dive due to its balance, likely fixable with a non-slip strap, I have guitars like this too which is how I learned about the strap trick.
- the wooden bridge is movable for intonation (I was very pleased at this since I changed strings and had to adjust it), but must be sanded or shimmed for height adjustment, fine by me, as long as it is possible I am good, if the bridge was glued on I would have been disappointed.
- both bridge and nut are a bit high, so it needs a setup.
- It fits nicely in a concert ukulele soft case (soprano uke case is slightly too small), which fits nicely in my main suitcase.
- It came with the fretwire I chose, a nice custom touch for such an inexpensive thing.

Playability and sound
- the "electric" part is ok, but not great since it is a guitar pickup and the string spacing doesn't exactly match, so the inner two courses are louder than the outside ones, this may be fixable by using a pickup where the pole heights are adjustable, the pickup there might even allow this but I haven't fiddled with it. Choice of strings affects magnetic pickups a lot, since not all acoustic strings work well with magnetic pickups. But that isn't much of an issue to me, I wanted a silent travel mando.
- the small body makes it hard to get a good hand position, I am thinking a wooden attachment would solve this, but it is at least playable for me (sans the neck dive) as is.
- as far as acoustic sound, it is quiet, similar to a traveler acoustic guitar, very little sound and the strings are relatively balanced. I was expecting that possibly the higher-pitched strings would be louder than the lower pitched ones but it isn't so.

So all in all I got pretty much exactly what I hoped for, a small quiet travel mando that fits in a suitcase.