Thread: Chinese Weber Knock Off?

Default Chinese Weber Knock Off?

Was looking for some information on the history of my Weber mandolin today and a Google search brought up the following:

<link removed. scam content>

Buyer Beware..

SITE OWNER COMMENT: hope no one minds but we're going to remove this link to a scam site. It serves as search engine bait which they clearly don't need and we don't see any purpose in us sending people to the site. Appreciate the notice from the OP here but think in the long run best this link is removed and blocked from further appearing in this forum. If you want to search for the place you can find them, but we'll let that be the method of you arriving there.

Further more we're going to align some coding so that this web site cannot be linked to from this forum space.
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Aug-25-2016 at 1:27pm.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan Co1e For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Chinese Weber Knock Off?

the pictures look like they were from taken The Mandolin Store. I would think Weber and The Mandolin Store would not be happy.

That photo is definitely from the Mandolin Store.

Here is its A-5 sibling: https://themandolinstore.com/product...oney-tortoise/

caveat emptor!!

"all guitars are custom made according to customers's request, it will take 38-43 days to complete order and then send item, it does not include hard shell case, and the color may be a little different from picture because of different computer or cell phone view. Please contact me for details if you have any question."
    Wonder what you would receive for your $998? I'm almost ready to buy one and see what shows up.

Sounds like those Les Paul knockoffs from a few years ago that were from China and sold for about $300 with shipping and hardshell case. They were even stamped MADE IN USA and looked good enough to fool a lot of people.......

pic is from the mando store in AZ for sure.
    Weber Black Ice F
    Gretsch Vintage F Oval hole
    Washburn A, Oval hole Mandola
    Weber Black Ice F Octave Mandolin

I just contacted Brian at the Mandolin Store and they had no clue this was going on. He said he will contact Scott.