Thread: "The Corner House set" - Aidan Coffey, Alec Finn & Frankie Gavin

Default "The Corner House set" - Aidan Coffey, Alec Finn & Frankie Gavin

Hello all!

Just received a copy of a really brilliant new cd by Aidan Coffey, accordionist with De Dannan in the 1990's. He roped in his compadres of that era of that great Irish trad band for a superb set of tunes, mainly from the Cork part of Ireland, played with exquisite fire and awesome musicality. Thoroughly recommended, if you enjoy the pure passionate drive of De Dannan, and wonderful old fashioned, lesser known tunes brilliantly performed.

And the bouzouki is really well recorded and well up in the mix, which I like!
    And the accordion playing by Coffey is top class, with a classy, pure recording by bodhran whizz and producer Colm Murphy. Gavin's fiddling is groovy and sublime. A total joy.

And all proceeds are going to charity.

It is available through the usual places, I got mine direct from Aidan via FB.

Kevin Macleod

2. The following members say thank you to kmmando for this post:

Default Re: "The Corner House set" - Aidan Coffey, Alec Finn & Frankie Ga

Fantastic Kevin, thanks for the heads up! Ordering right away, and shared to the excellent Irish Bodhran Facebook site so will hopefully attract a few more sales.

Quote Originally Posted by kmmando View Post
    Hello all!

Just received a copy of a really brilliant new cd by Aidan Coffey, accordionist with De Dannan in the 1990's. He roped in his compadres of that era of that great Irish trad band for a superb set of tunes, mainly from the Cork part of Ireland, played with exquisite fire and awesome musicality. Thoroughly recommended, if you enjoy the pure passionate drive of De Dannan, and wonderful old fashioned, lesser known tunes brilliantly performed.

And the bouzouki is really well recorded and well up in the mix, which I like!
    And the accordion playing by Coffey is top class, with a classy, pure recording by bodhran whizz and producer Colm Murphy. Gavin's fiddling is groovy and sublime. A total joy.

And all proceeds are going to charity.

It is available through the usual places, I got mine direct from Aidan via FB.

Kevin Macleod
    "But wasn't it all stupid nonsense, rot, gibberish, and criminally fraudulent nincompoopery?"
    - Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

Just to be completely clear. Is this a recent recording featuring both Frankie and Alec?
    If so, that's surely very good news.
    David A. Gordon

Yes indeed, all 4 members of De Dannan from the early 90s are plying on this cd simultaneously, recorded recently, brand new, and quite awesome music. Highly recommended, been on all day here.

Whether or not they were all there in the studio simultaneously is a different matter .... just saying .....

Quote Originally Posted by kmmando View Post
    Whether or not they were all there in the studio simultaneously is a different matter .... just saying .....
    Well that's what I was wondering ..
    David A. Gordon

Indeed! But it's like a lost jewel of a 1990 DD album never released, minus songs .... fab!