Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubner Tuner availability?

Default Re: Rubner Tuner availability?

That’s good to know, Peter. I’ve heard mixed reviews of those Schallers, but if they’ve changed them it may be time to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by peter.coombe View Post
    I have used quite a few Rubners on my mandolins but have pretty much given up on them because of availability problems and now use Schaller GrandTune. I can get them locally, but there are still occasional problems with the distributer out of stock. However, the latest batch of GrandTune tuners are a little different. Much better, and easier to install. They used to be super critical on hole spacing and thus a pain to install. So much better I think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference from Waverlies. Silky smooth, and IMHO on another level from Rubners.
    I agree Peter. That's what I switched to after waiting indefinitely for Rubners. I had problems with the last 2 sets I bought and had to exchange them. Apparently, there was a manufacturing error. It has been corrected, and the replacement sets perform very well. I'm not fond of the larger bushing size, but that's my only complaint so far.

Just received an e-mail from Rubner tuners and the earliest they expect to have the F tuners available will be late February ! I emphasize the word EXPECT ! I guess I will have to suck it up and go with a different brand !

Here is an update on the New Rubner RMp F Style mandolin;

Rubner has had many delays getting everything together for release. Mainly due to the spring fire. The portion of the production area related to moving ahead with production was damaged way more than expected. All the CNC equipment had to be replaced. Until just recently, production on their current products was so far behind that it affected the ongoing parts production for the new F Style machines.
    Everyone involved with this new project anticipated a new line this fall. I apologize for all the promises and predictions in the past. All I can say to all is it will be worth the wait!
    We value everyone's feedback about this and the other mandolin machines we offer, and will make every effort to improve the Rubner design options and stock availability.

This will be the first place we announce the new F Style RMp will be ready for purchase.

Kent
    Rubner Tuners

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KentG For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the update, Kent! I'm sorry to learn about the fire, and I'm looking forward to the new tuners!

I too look forward to the new Rubner tuners!

Yes, looking forward to the new Rubner's, can't wait.
    "Can I have a little more talent in the monitors please?"

I can't wait either --------------switched to Grand Tune Schaller's for a new Girouard build !