Thread: Where to stay in Nashville

Default Where to stay in Nashville

Thinking about making a trip to Nashville over the week of Thanksgiving. Been looking at places to stay. Taking the wife and kids along. Thanks for your suggestions.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." --- Mongo

Default Re: Where to stay in Nashville

This was recently covered at length in past threads. The consensus was that there was nothing cheap or even moderately priced downtown, near the stores. By that I mean under $200 a night. If you want to spend big money, though, the Union Station Hotel downtown is super nice. If you want more family priced lodging, I suggested staying a couple exits outside of Nashville, such as in Franklin, TN, and you will find plenty of great choices. Good luck and HAVE FUN!

3. The following members say thank you to Jeff Mando for this post:

You might check out airbnb.com for some accommodation options. I know hotels can be pricey in town, so that might save you a bit of cash. I got a full house, full kitchen, with rooms for 4 people for $100 a night about a year ago.

Outside of town, +1 to Franklin. Lots of great choices and a short drive.
    Last edited by Kris N; Nov-01-2016 at 11:21am.
    Eastman MD515

5. The following members say thank you to Kris N for this post:

stayed in a couple of airbnbs in Franklin a couple of weeks ago.... way way better than paying the big bucks in Nashville
    John D

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JFDilmando For This Useful Post:

Registered User Steve VandeWater's Avatar

I usually stay in Brentwood. All the standard hotel chains, normally priced, and close to the city.
    It ain't gotta be perfect, as long as it's perfect enough!

9. The following members say thank you to Steve VandeWater for this post:

is there 24/7 public transportation from these areas to the city?

I've been to Nashville about 100 times over the years and if I was going this weekend (which I am by the way on an expenses paid trip to the Opryland) but, if I had to pay I would stay at the Wilson Inn on Elm Hill Pike. Reasonable, very nice, very convenient. I like it.

12. The following members say thank you to Patrick Hull for this post:

I usually stay as cheap as I can and close to where my daughter lives, but if you haven't stayed in Nashville before and your kids are young, I recommend the Gaylord. It's a little pricey, but the service and amenities are worth it. The Xmas lights will be up, and the kids will enjoy. Google it.

14. The following members say thank you to tbrahan for this post:

If you're looking for a really upscale place, the Hermitage is amazing, but very pricey. That time was an anniversary trip of sorts...probably not what you're after...

Last time there we were passing through and stayed at a chain a couple of exits outside downtown, and were pleased with the price/amenities and surrounding area, but can't recall which exit. It was on the East side of town, off I-40.

The Franklin suggestion is a good one, because of the reasons suggested, but also because Artisan Guitars is in a cool old factory turned mall in Franklin. You can play around in there while those travelling with you, if not so enamored with guitar shops, can seek their entertainment otherwise. Bought my RM-1 there, nice people and good instruments, and my wife enjoyed browsing the other shops/antiques/etc. They routinely have workshops with pros and/or luthiers on Saturdays as well. The day I bought the RM-1 they had the CEO of Santa Cruz Guitars coming in, but were nice enough to let me in to play around on the resonators even though they were closed for set-up.

Have a great trip! It's amazing the concentration of phenomenal instruments in that town!!
    Chuck

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CES For This Useful Post:

Professional Cat Herder Phil Vinyard's Avatar

I stayed at the Gaylord with my wife a few years ago. Flashy place, the lobby it a trip, but the room was nothing special and the food there is pricey.

I'm always fond of the Drury Inn by the Airport. Decent breakfast, hotel is always extremely clean. And it's an easy shot to other places from there.

I stay there every year in June on my way to Steve Kaufman Kamp!
    Phil Vinyard
    Gibson Jam Master F Standard #12 May 13, 2009
    Gibson Model A #67336 ca. 1921
    Harwood Bowlback ca. 1900
    Trinity College TM-325 Octave Mandolin
    Freshwater Mandocello
    Krutz 200 Upright Bass

18. The following members say thank you to Phil Vinyard for this post:

From CES - "...the Hermitage is amazing,...", That's where i stayed overnight back in 1992 just prior to driving up through Bowling Green & along the Green River Parkway to Owensboro. It was probably far less expensive then,but it really was (is) a beautiful hotel - marble pillars and all !. Right at that particular time,it was £1 UK = $2 US. It's nearly 1 for 1 right now,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

20. The following members say thank you to Ivan Kelsall for this post:

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites out by the Airport and liked it there. Not overly expensive and a comfortable suite to stay in.

22. The following members say thank you to Stacey Morris for this post: