Thread: Deleting attachments?

Default Deleting attachments?

I think this belongs here. How to go about deleting some of the attachments I've downloaded.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Deleting attachments?

Not following. If you've downloaded something to your own personal computer you'd just delete them by putting them in the Trash on a Macintosh or in the Recycle Bin on a PC. Unless you mean something else, which we suspect. Might explain more clearly what it is you've done and then are wishing to accomplish.

3. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

I used the wrong term. "Uploaded" is what I should have written. Sorry. I've uploaded numerous files to post as pictures in various threads. About 62. Wanted to delete those from here. Those are stored in an attachment section. Thanks.
    Ray Dearstone #009 D1A (1999)
    Skip Kelley #063 Offset Two Point (2017)
    Arches #9 A Style (2005)
    Bourgeois M5A (2022)
    Hohner and Seydel Harmonicas (various keys)

"Heck, Jimmy Martin don't even believe in Santy Claus!"

Blog Entries

Attachments and posts can't be edited or removed after a 3 hours window as these have become content and part of discussions. Allowing system wide deletion would throw discussions into a lot of confusing turmoil depending upon the content. There's no limit to the number of attachments a member can have. Only if there's a copyright issue or some kind of safety concern, then we'll consider each individually.

I hope this makes sense. Someone could upload a bunch of pictures about an important instrument, members would come along and post, and then someone could just remove them all and the conversation would serve no purpose.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

I was searching for an answer and ended up here.

I was making a post with a picture attachment and then immediately (not three hours later) wanted to replace the photo with a better photo. I could not find any method of removing the original attachment. I added the new one and now there were two photo attachments with no way to remove the first.

I found a button to manage attachments but inside that popup there was no option for "delete" that I could find. Only the option to add more attachments to the post.

Blog Entries

There is a 3 hour window to make an edit to a post. You have to be in Advanced mode, click the paper clip icon and once the window opens, just like you're adding an image, but instead x out the one you want to delete which should be in the lower part of the window. The x should appear on the image when you do the mouse-over, otherwise it doesn't show. Hope this helps.