Thread: New Jam in Raleigh NC

Default New Jam in Raleigh NC

Veteran bluegrass pro Jan Johannson will be hosting a bluegrass jam at Little City Brewing & Provision Co. beginning Sunday, Feb. 5 at 3:00. This will be a "traditional bluegrass" oriented jam. Only mandolin, fiddle, guitar, upright bass, banjo, and dobro. No plugging in or electric instruments. Here is Jan's posting from his FB page.

"Starting Sunday, February 5, I will be hosting a weekly bluegrass jam at the Little City Brewing in downtown Raleigh. The jam starts at 3:00 pm and goes on until 6:00.
    The music selection is based on the bluegrass standard repertoire.
    I will be joined by a circle of friends consisting of both seasoned professional musicians and more inexperienced pickers.
    I have been teaching private music lessons in this area since 1989 and over the years numerous students have expressed frustration with the format of some jams. I want this jam to be a fun get together but also an opportunity for people to learn how to play together in a group. Experienced musicians will be helping and guiding the newer participants.

To avoid confusion I would like to point out one important fact and that is that since this is a bluegrass jam we are only going to include typical bluegrass instrumentation.
    Guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, bass and the dobro. Acoustic instruments only please.

I hope to see y'all there on Sunday, February 5 at 3:00.
    Little City Brewing is located at 400 W North Street in Raleigh.

https://g.co/kgs/FM8BO2 "

2. The following members say thank you to ferrousgeek for this post:

Default Re: New Jam in Raleigh NC

Thanks for the heads-up. Do you know who these cats might be? seasoned professional musicians

Default Re: New Jam in Raleigh NC

Jan hasn't mentioned any names. He's played with just about everyone, so the list of possibilities is long.